Looking for some Keto help

I've recently decided to check out Keto way of lifestyle and I'm using MFP to track and do everything correctly. Looking for advice, suggestions and fav meal plans!
I love coffee and although im stoked I can still drink it with cream, I'm sad I won't have sugar in it. :(

Replies

• umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Soon cream will taste perfect and sugared coffee will taste weird! If you get paste the transition, it will become the new normal. I was a die hard drinker of very sugared coffee.

Search mfp groups for low carb or ketogenic groups for complete low carb support information.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I put a drop or too of stevia into my coffee when I want sweetness. Sometimes I add a stevia sweetened protein powder.

And make sure you add full fat whipping cream. Half and half or coffee creamer isn't good enough. ;)

I second looking up the keto or Low Carber Daily groups. There is a lot of support there.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited November 2015
    @imbeemc welcome to MFP forums.

I have been eating keto for 14 months. The first 90 days there were some weird times but it is now my established Way Of Eating daily. People that do not know the science behind Nutritional Ketosis WOE often tend to put down this Way Of Eating. This WOE is what I plan to do for my remaining years. I did it for pain management. In the first 30 days my subjective pain levels dropped from 7-8 range to 2-3 and other health problems were cured within the first six month with one being 40 years of IBS. Yes I have lost and kept off 25 pounds since I started. This is a life time record of not regaining more than I lost. :)

Best of success.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Looking to lose weight? Eating at a calorie deficit will make you lose weight. Do it as you like; keto is not a magic cure. But as a PP said, your tastebuds will adapt to your diet, and sweet cravings may be weaker or even disappear, if you eat less sugar.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Actually, Keto IS magical, in many ways! ;)