Should my calorie intake change?

So about 4-5 days a week, I have a pretty active job as a dishwasher (actually will be switching to making salads and desserts soon), but the remaining days I would consider myself rather sedentary, being at the computer for a large portion of those days. Right now I have my settings at "moderately active" on here, but considering that's not everyday, should my calorie intake actually be lower on my non-active days?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You have two options here:

1. Judge your loss over the span of a month. If you aren't losing as much as you should be, drop you activity level.
    2. Purchase an activity tracker that will account for how many steps you take each day.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'd recommend dropping your activity level to "sedentary", and then on the days you work on your feet, add a couple hundred calories of under a cardio category like "housework" to make up the difference.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I'd recommend dropping your activity level to "sedentary", and then on the days you work on your feet, add a couple hundred calories of under a cardio category like "housework" to make up the difference.

That's not how MFP is set up. Work is considered in your activity level.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    1. Judge your loss over the span of a month. If you aren't losing as much as you should be, drop you activity level.

This is what I would do. Actually it is what I did. I started as sedentary but adjusted to moderately active based on my weight loss. Keep in mind that MFP's recommendations are estimates and need to be adjusted based on your personal experience.

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    At your current calorie level monitor changes, are you gaining or losing. Give it 1-2 weeks. You can increase calories from there on in accordingly.