Pre Workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Breakfast or lunch or a glass of water is my normal pre workout.

I'm a non-responder to caffeine as well @psulemon - fell asleep riding a motorbike home from nightshift once despite caffeine pills.

Wow that is crazy.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm using C4 right now and I don't notice any difference.... But I hate to waste anything so I'll finish my supply and never buy it again.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I use Neon Volt Fruit Punch and love it. Just enough of a boost but not the crazy jitters. I get up for work around 4 am, and I'm usually not able to get to the gym until much later in the day, so it gives me a quick boost and I'm still able to go to bed at a reasonable time. YMMV, though.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I'm using C4 right now and I don't notice any difference.... But I hate to waste anything so I'll finish my supply and never buy it again.

take two scoops
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    alpha amino x from cellucor.
    I like the flavor.
    The bit of caffeine helps in the morning, since I go to the gym within 30 minutes of waking up.
  • TheFitGorilla
    TheFitGorilla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love Mr. Hyde prework. Large amount of caffeine though.
  • DarrylSpiers
    DarrylSpiers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sometime supplements are not good for us and cause so many side effects so i think it is good to use some energy drinks as pre workout. Eating some fruits and fruit juices or shakes will be perfect for doing exercise but not supplements.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Like others...banana and 1 cup of coffee. I drink a whey protein while working out, but that's not what you are asking about.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sometime supplements are not good for us and cause so many side effects so i think it is good to use some energy drinks as pre workout. Eating some fruits and fruit juices or shakes will be perfect for doing exercise but not supplements.

The ingredients in many supplements have been tested and are rated higher on the safety scale than energy drinks. If someone, like you, is worried about supplements they should read the studies on them. Some supplements are not proven to work and "proprietary blends" should be avoided if the company won't give you more information. Some supplements, like creatine, are more tested than energy drinks and proven safe. Don't lump supplements into one group as a bad thing, each one's safety and effectiveness should be evaluated on its own.
  • Soccerdawg71
    Soccerdawg71 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've never used a pre-workout. I just try to stay hydrated. One question, though: I workout in the evening after work. If I take a pre-workout with creatine, will it prevent me from sleeping later? I try not to drink caffeine after about 4 p.m. because I have trouble getting to sleep.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've never used a pre-workout. I just try to stay hydrated. One question, though: I workout in the evening after work. If I take a pre-workout with creatine, will it prevent me from sleeping later? I try not to drink caffeine after about 4 p.m. because I have trouble getting to sleep.

That is very individualized. Creatine upsets my stomach no matter what brand or combination (add to grape juice, etc..) I use. pre-workouts are high doses of caffeine, so the question is, how does a normal cup of coffee impact your sleep?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i don't usually do anything except maybe some milk. I just started using Gu for long runs. I worried about the after where i like milk again