• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    sarndorman wrote: »
    Here are some tips to prevent yourself from late night snacking:

• brush your teeth
    • do a short workout until you no longer feel hunger
    • read a book
    • look at photos that motivate you to be a fitter, healthier versio of yourself, and remind yourself that late night snacking is never a good idea
    • take a shower
    • look back at your log and remember all the calories, sugars, and sodium you have already taken in that day
    • drink a glass of water
    • if you MUST snack on something: fruit fruit fruit -- bananas and apples especially.

Good topic, my situation is slightly more complex. I actually wake up Inn the middle of the night starving, to the point where I can't sleep until I eat.

The only thing I wouldn't suggest eating at this time is carbs, Apples yes, I would go easy on bananas. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a container of nuts and seeds. But yeah, great topic (Y)
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Why not carbs?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i prelog late night snacks always

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »

• brush your teeth
    • read a book
    • look at photos that motivate you to be a fitter, healthier versio of yourself, and remind yourself that late night snacking is never a good idea
    • take a shower
    • look back at your log and remember all the calories, sugars, and sodium you have already taken in that day
    • drink a glass of water
    • if you MUST snack on something: fruit fruit fruit -- bananas and apples especially.

Good topic, my situation is slightly more complex. I actually wake up Inn the middle of the night starving, to the point where I can't sleep until I eat.

Are you under eating during the day? What's your weekly weight loss goal set to?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »

• brush your teeth
    • read a book
    • take a shower
    • drink a glass of water

The only thing I wouldn't suggest eating at this time is carbs, Apples yes, I would go easy on bananas. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a container of nuts and seeds. But yeah, great topic (Y)

Why wouldn't you suggest eating carbs at this time?
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If I feel really peckish at night, I'm definitely gonna have something whether I have calories left or not. But if I'm at this point, I try to keep it small like something in the 100-200cal range. Sometimes I add it on to the next day's calories if they don't fit in today's... o:)

I'm pretty good at drinking enough water, and I especially like to drink teas at night time, so if I still feel hungry... I could use some snacks.