cleaning as exercise with kids

Options
ok stay at home mom so I have a small window to go to the gym but after that window closes I dont have another opportunity. MFP can calculate household chores and other tasks. My question is how do I maintain the children do their chores and I still do enough to count as a workout? Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I typically don't count chores. For work I am I my feet for 8-12 hours and I also don't count that as 'walking'
    I just count exercise that is out of the normal day to day life, and that I intend to do.
    Maybe take the kids on a walk, have them play outside while you do squats, stretches, lift some dumbells, check out some good you tube videos for things that you can do at home. There are a lot of things that can be done at home with kids. I have 3 and I have noticed that when they are involved they love it and enjoy exercising also. So it's a win win.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Do you have a partner or spouse? Is it possible for you to exercise once they get home from work and weekends?

I don't know how old your children are but if they are old enough to do chores, perhaps they could exercise with you ...go for a walk, ride a bike, play in a park while you walk/jog the rim of it while keeping an eye on them.

If the youngest one or two are still in a pram, could you join a pram walkers club?