Is there anyone out there who is trying to loose weight and quite smoking?

Options
Need help the combo scares me a bit.

Replies

• KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've managed to do both BUT, am using an E cigarette, which, to a lot of people, is classed as still smoking. It is however, much, much cheaper and a lot less expensive and not so smelly! I've lost 31 lbs over 17 months. I'm sure you can do it if you really want to. Good luck.
  • hawaiinaturals
    hawaiinaturals Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know many people who have switched to the ecig, I smoke chemical free cigs, my feeble attempt to quit 3 years ago, and the ecig said seem to have the chemicals, so that doesn't work for me, I'm trying sunflower seeds which are great for work, after work is my challenge. Awesome on the weight loss I need to loose about 20 lbs, hoping this helps keep me motivated. Thank you for the post.
  • MaliRadojica
    MaliRadojica Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared. Just do it. I have lost 2/3 of my goal weight, and now my new weight allows me to start running. From 10th December - good buy cigarettes.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is what led me to looking at my health and fitness, which after a few turns and meanderings led me here. I was worried that I would be putting on weight (in addition to my already obese body) due to quitting smoking so I started to move more and then I decided to try and lose weight.

Really I've found that quitting smoking has helped my motivation in wanting to achieve an overall better state of health. Also my interest in exercise and food has been a good distraction from any urges to light a cigarette.
  • Twincle1970
    Twincle1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 13 years ago and started again after nine months. About Six years ago I decided to stop, went through mental hell and did it. Then this year I started about March like a fool. I had some personal pressure and used that as an excuse. This time round, about 2 months ago, I swapped to the ecig (sub box) and substituted and havent smoked any cigarettes yet. I do feel like its smoking but without all the extra bad stuff. I make my own v.low nicotine based oil and could cut this out but I now enjoy the different flavours. I dont get smokers cough, I dont 'gurgle' when I breath and can do cardio exercises and breath at the same time. Giving up smoking is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do because of the withdrawal symptoms, but, with the ecig I can 'smoke' and exercise/diet as it works for me. I dont smoke it like cigarettes, just use it as a crutch. As I get more into my exercising I get more and more determination not to smoke at all. It can be done, it all in the head :smile: