Options
usmc01462
usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
I am now 47 and this by far has been the year from hell.

It started with my right shoulder then my left so now they are both screwed up and have had injections still no luck. Then goes the knees squatted one day and felt a pull so now they say to stop squatting. So I then go to curls and of course my right elbows starts up again it was bad enough to where I couldn't lift a gallon of milk so back to the doctor..and he says your to old and to just quit and take up yoga this was on a friday and after I got out of Jail on monday from punching him out i am now seeing another doctor...: ). is there anyone else going thru this this is a true story its like one injury after another. I have been working out for 30 freaking years and natural, no steroids or anything

Replies

• Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body, train smarter maybe. Do yoga though my friend it wil help. You don't have to stop though, as we get older we need to adjust, more rest less volume and/or intensity etc.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    51 here and did one thing.......................lightened my loads on all lifts. Ego goes out the door as you age if you want to keep lifting. Each year I've noticed just a little drop in strength. It's normal. Takes a while to accept it, but once you realize that you should be doing this for fitness and health and not to keep hitting PR or maintain maxes, you'll save yourself a lot of injury. Take it from someone who not only does it, but teaches it to my older clients.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png