Is this a phase or what?

Options
2»

Replies

• FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far! Take a break but don't go crazy. Get back to your vitamins and relax then get back to it when you feel ready and your body is ready. Maybe make a small goal or two to hit before getting fully back on the bandwagon
  • dn0pes
    dn0pes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Someone already said - just keep logging the info - Whatever goes on with our heads eventually passes - When I get bizarre I accept I am human. Some days just more so. No need to beat myself up. No need to crucify myself that job was already done for us. Tomorrow is another day. Enjoy the holidays with the people you love.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    When eating something out of a jar, I actually weigh the jar on my scale, write it on the side of the jar, weigh it at the end of the day, log it, and cross out the old sharpie and write on the new weight. Not that I would ever, ever do this with a jar of chocolate hazelnut spread... ;)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    That seems like a pretty aggressive deficit. You could start eating a little more and have a slightly slower weight loss rate so that you could have a few more calories to play with. I'd be pretty concerned about lean muscle loss if I was you, since you're losing over 10 lbs a week on average.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This happened to me when I got about 10 pounds from goal. I was STARVING all of a sudden. So I loosened the reigns a little and ate closer to maintenance for a couple weeks, without going too drastic. I then got back to it, adding in about 100 more calories a day so I will still losing, but more slowly. I reached my goal still this way and have now set a lower goal but have stayed a little more relaxed about the whole thing. I figure as long as I'm staying below maintenance then I'm doing alright.

You got this. If you fight it too much, you'll be miserable.

*I should add that I also started taking a multi-vitamin during this time thinking maybe it was a vitamin deficiency like mentioned above. I think it helped.*
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    my "tablespoons " of peanut butter average 70g :confounded:

Yikes!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    This happened to me when I got about 10 pounds from goal. I was STARVING all of a sudden. So I loosened the reigns a little and ate closer to maintenance for a couple weeks, without going too drastic. I then got back to it, adding in about 100 more calories a day so I will still losing, but more slowly. I reached my goal still this way and have now set a lower goal but have stayed a little more relaxed about the whole thing. I figure as long as I'm staying below maintenance then I'm doing alright.

*I should add that I also started taking a multi-vitamin during this time thinking maybe it was a vitamin deficiency like mentioned above. I think it helped.*

I needed to hear that a couple months ago. So true.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the same thing recently. I reset my calories for a little below maintenance so I'd still be losing a bit, and took a break of about ten days. I managed to stop eating so much AND lost a little weight in the process :)
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Thanks, this is helpful. I have reset my goal for maintenance, which is giving me 2260 cals/day. I am going to do this for one week, then reevaluate. Thanks for the support.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Thanks, this is helpful. I have reset my goal for maintenance, which is giving me 2260 cals/day. I am going to do this for one week, then reevaluate. Thanks for the support.

You could add a couple hundred this week and the rest next week. Either way, the scale will most likely go up. Just remember it's not fat gain. You will literally have more food and water in your belly.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    take a break if you need it. you didnt gain all that weight in 9 months, afterall. its not a race.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Then it's not a tablespoon after all, and a great reason nutrition labels and a food scale come in handy. ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Then it's not a tablespoon after all, and a great reason nutrition labels and a food scale come in handy. ;)

Definitely. Obviously I log the mountainous 70grams, But that was my go to before i got a food scale.I knew then it was more than a "serving size", but not that much more! I'm so hopeless at guesstimating.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello & congratulations

Are you craving particular foods? Perhaps there is a mineral or vitamin deficiency in play?

If it is un-patterned eating, perhaps you need a new goal to work towards? I'm not saying you shouldn't try to lose the remainder of the weight or anything but how about giving yoursalf a new milestone target from the non weight category? Run the extra mile or work up to a 5 min plank? It may help to change the emphasis on diet.
    (e.g I am now pretty much at goal so I know that soon I will be in the dangerous "I'm not working towards anything specifically" place where everything becomes a bit more....relaxed. As a result, I am changing goals from weightloss to fitness and mapping out what my milestones will be)

Best of luck xx
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the advice. I am working on maintenance this week, then will reevaluate.