39154893.jpg

39154997.jpg

Also...

37233745.jpg

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm right there with ya. But I know my situation has more to do with too many "treats" during the weekend. I usually lose a little during the week, but then my husband comes home and meals get bigger. Plus he breaks out the bags of chips and leaves them around. I need to have better willpower with those kinds of things.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm right there with ya. But I know my situation has more to do with too many "treats" during the weekend. I usually lose a little during the week, but then my husband comes home and meals get bigger. Plus he breaks out the bags of chips and leaves them around. I need to have better willpower with those kinds of things.

I actually don't have this problem per sei. I've been maintaining the last 3 months and recently decided to cut again. I posted this primarily for the hundreds of people who say they are "doing everything right" but not losing weight and just keep losing the same 2-4 Lbs. It is because they're eating to maintenance...whether it's do to unlogged treats, cheat days, not weighing and/or measuring...or otherwise underestimating intake and/or overestimating burn.

9 times out of 10, they're not "doing everything right" as they say they are. If they truly are doing everything right and not losing, there has to be a medical explanation...either a vitamin deficiency, allergy, medication interfering with metabolic rate, diabetes or other medical condition, insulin resistance, hormonal imbalance, etc. If people are truly doing everything right and not losing they should seek medical attention because that means something else is wrong. We are all different...but not that different.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was just a "like" button.

That is all.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was a little bored this morning...accounting system was down which pretty much leaves me with nothing to do.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!! Just, brilliant! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Bump...'cuz I'm a big fan of Master Yoda
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious! And too true! I know exactly what I am doing wrong when I am gaining and losing the same damn couple pounds. Just what you said, not being as disciplined as I should.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Those posts (not your satire) have me about ready to drop off the site. It isn't just the posters but people who rush in and tell them there are all these things ("you're starving", "your metabolism is ruined", etc, etc) that are highly unlikely and often completely unfounded. There is something odd going on with a small percentage of them that is medical in nature. Many are making honest mistakes and a whole lot of them really know what their mistake is (something they eat and don't log or logging HIIT burn numbers for wandering around the gym messing with a couple of machines). But you have a bunch of people telling them all to do 5 different things when 90% of the time all they need to do is really do what they say they are already doing. Unfortunately there is no way to tell which ones are the ones whose report really is entirely accurate and need to see a doctor.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There must be one that makes light of the eating more theory?
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This is the exact thread I basically posted last week, but in paragraph form. So true. The good part about it though? I got flamed at by so many that I could not lose weight eating "crap food" such as fast food even if I was at a deficit. Dropped 3 pounds this week, and have lost 24 pounds total since January. I plateaued for about 2 months, but it seems its finally going away. Thanks to all those people who said I couldn't, because I did. ^_^
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I must be underestimating my caloric intake even when I go hungry, too hungry to think straight. And overestimating my calorie burn even I am spending an hour on the treadmill, and weight training for 45min-1.5 hrs. I log everything. And no, I have no idea why am not losing weight. I am way more fit than I was a few months ago, but no, am not losing weight. And yes, we are different. That's why some people will lose 60 lbs over three months, and others doing the same exact thing will lose it over a year. So I beg to differ.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Actually, since I am currently trying to maintain my weight, this is not necessarily a bit situation for me... I just do not want to become fat again...
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!!
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    THIS.

I get so hacked off sometimes about going up and down the same 4lbs and immediately throw a 'it's not fair / not working' strop.

Then I man up, readdress my deficit and boom ... it starts to come off again.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I must be underestimating my caloric intake even when I go hungry, too hungry to think straight. And overestimating my calorie burn even I am spending an hour on the treadmill, and weight training for 45min-1.5 hrs. I log everything. And no, I have no idea why am not losing weight. I am way more fit than I was a few months ago, but no, am not losing weight. And yes, we are different. That's why some people will lose 60 lbs over three months, and others doing the same exact thing will lose it over a year. So I beg to differ.

I hear ya! and I have same issue but I do know that despite having again three weeks of being on a plateau and even going up a little it WILL start to happen again and the pounds will slowly go ...it takes a lot of patience lol
  • aquamarinex
    aquamarinex Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    well it was a cool post - I loved it :-)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    HAHA i love this! :D And it applies to me, which makes it even better.
  • ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHAHA love this!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hahaha.