30 pounds down (with photo!)

Options
kindasortachewy
kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
My first 80 days here have been great, I am 30 pounds down with 9 days until my wedding! I do not plan on stopping anytime soon, and my new goal is to see some sort of ab definition by October 31st!

I am 23 years young - 5'11 - and started at 213 pounds the day I joined here - as of 80 days I am 183! The first 30 ponds were done without a gym (but I did join one this week!) I have been doing zumba in my livingroom, kettlebell workouts in my hallway, and I am on week 5 of Zombie 5k training, which is amazing!

The weight being off and looking better are awesome, but my biggest victory is a NSV that I've gotten from the Zombies, Run app. I was born very premature and my lungs were not developed. My mother was told not to name me that night, but she didn't stop fighting for me. At a young age I was using an inhaler 10 times a day and I had already had 4 surgeries on my lungs, if only the doctors could see me now running a 43 minute 5k (hey I'm just starting out, no judging the slow girl!)

If I can, you can, and I CAN

The first day I logged into MFP I had my fiancé take photos, and now I had him do the same!
1013886_10201355101021876_1079311488_n_zps96560d77.jpg

Just for fun photo - before I started MFP and now
1001845_10201355122302408_1056769246_n_zpsefb031b8.jpg

Replies

• norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Your wedding is going to be that much more fun, looking so pretty!
  • mountaingirl1961
    mountaingirl1961 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hard work is really paying off for you! Congrats! It must be wonderful to be getting such great support from your fiance, too. What a great way to start your lives together.
  • NicoleS228
    NicoleS228 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look great! Such a difference in 30 pounds! I have asthma and I love how working out and losing weight has helped me with it. I don't have to use my inhaler half as much as I used to. Have fun on your wedding day, you're going to look great for it!!! :drinker:
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! congrats!!
  • bccashleyiverson
    Options
    awesome job :):):)
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this phase of success!!!! Its so refreshing seeing a tall female on the board...sometimes 5'9" seems like a giant to some people. But at 5'11, you look awesome.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone!!! :)))
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you!
  • doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look great! Congratulations.:smile:
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    stunning
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome and look great! Keep up the good work :)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Gr8t job!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    kindasortabrilliant :)

looking great well done,
    amazing results :)
  • Cheerleader103
    Options
    Very inspiring.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you have a lovely shape! well done indeed! *applause*
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Great work girl! Especially on your overall health. You show those premie lungs who's boss!
  • mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • AHeinlein
    AHeinlein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fabulous! Very inspiring for me because I see myself in your "before" weight pictures. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!