Fitbit - Which One to Get?

Options
So, I am relatively new here. I started working out in September. I have been reading that exercise machines (treadmills, ellipticals, etc) exaggerate the calories burned. A lot of posters have commented that using a fitbit will give you a more accurate number.

I went online to look for one to price it out, and I don't know which one to get!!

Which fitbit would you recommend? There are like 5 or 6 different ones. I just want an accurate number of calories to enter after a workout. Thanks!!

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    You're probably going to want something with a heart rate monitor, preferably the kind that uses a chest strap. Those are supposed to be the closest you're going to get to accurate, although they won't be 100%. You're getting a ballpark no matter which option you choose. If you just want to count steps then one without a HRM will suffice. I have a Garmin Vivofit2 with the HRM chest strap that gives me a good enough reading for cardio workouts. (Like a Fitbit but different brand and slightly different options.) Polar HRM watches are good too, I had one of those for quite some time. The nice thing about my Polar was that is synced with most of the cardio machines when I wore it. I don't have much experience with Fitbit so I don't know if it does that.
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Charge HR is amazing. It might not be as accurate as a chest strap but chest straps are horrible to exercise in IMO
  • New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Also have charge hr n love it
  • anonmomof3
    anonmomof3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just broke down and got a charge hr. So excited! !