How do you get Motivated?

Options
Okay...I don't mind exercise and it actually is fun-once I start. It's the getting started part that stops me. Does anyone have ideas on how to add exercise into a daily routine? I also feel I need to have a purpose to exercise. For example, walking to the store for a couple groceries. How can I adjust this frame of mind? Any tips are welcome!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym on my lunch hour. Many people use their lunch hour for a walk. It took me a while to build up to even going to the gym. I also do the little things like parking at the end of the parking lot or walking around during the work day instead of sitting at the computer. Setting aside my lunch hour to workout was by far the most productive change.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Can you pick a certain time of day that will work every day? It's great if you can integrate getting something done with exercise, but your health is worth allocating some time for exercise even if it's just exercise alone.
  • appleanna82
    appleanna82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the comments...I have a time at work that I can walk outside and I plan to use this time more often. And, I am beginning to allow myself to believe that my health is worth allocating time for exercise!
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    A little progress helped me believe more was possible.

Of course wanting to drop pounds was a bit of motivation, but tracking food and calories, doing some exercise, using the tools available made it seem like this time it would work. A real system is there. Use the MFP tools to support your efforts.

Give it a solid shot. Really stick with it. It can work!