Friends etiquette?

Options
teamvic
teamvic Posts: 140 Member
I'm british and frightfully stereotypical and akward about etiquette especially on blooming apps, so whats the deal with friends invites. Do you accept all even though they've not replied to one of my ramblings?

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Just do whatever you wish. best to sent a message or interact beforehand though...then you're more guaranteed an acceptance. And don't assume someone has declined some take awhile to respond to friend requests. Don't worry about declining any...it happens. :)
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    Yeah, initially I'd accept most invites and it soon came to my attention that a lot of people just like collecting friends and aren't as keen on interaction. It all comes down to what you want, some people like having many friends (regardless of the interaction), while some prefer a smaller number of people around.

I usually send invites/accept ones from people I've spoken to a bunch of times and attach a little message with it.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    Yeah @synchkat declined so many of mine...

Bloody British...
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    I used to accept everyone a while ago but then I realized that's not a very good idea. Use your own judgement as to who you want to be friends with and as a prior poster said, don't worry about what they think if you decline.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Omg @Mr_Stabbems lies!!!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept any friend invite on here unless their profile pic creeps me out. I don't really interact with people that much, lol. Most of my MFP activity is on the forums and whatever happens to be on my newsfeed at the time.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Omg @Mr_Stabbems lies!!!!

@synchkat :tongue:
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    It depends on what sort of activity you're looking for here. Do you want lots of friends? Do you read the newsfeed? I can only imagine those with 200+ friends can never read the newsfeed in its entirety unless they have inactive friends or don't ever work.

I keep my FL small because I can't keep up. It's a personal preference. I used to feel bad about declining or deleting, but then I realized most people either don't notice or don't care...
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Lolz never been popular, im happy for a single add!!! Not being able to maintain my newsfeed certainly not a danger I shall ever have haha
  • Billy60s
    Billy60s Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    if you want to interact and support then keep friends to a minimum
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I accept people and then if they are not a motivation I delete them
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm about positive mutual support with friends. If someone is upbeat, making good progress and over the initial hump of weight loss (someone with established routines, basically someone with similar goals and experience as myself.) I will add them if they request with a message, if not I message them with a request. You just have to figure out what type of interaction you a willing to have and not worry about the rest too much. Welcome to the site and best of luck on your journey!
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks fir all the great advice. New to this so I'm glad I asked.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    No dick pic, no add.
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    No dick pic, no add.

This ^^^