Celebrity Slim: does it work?

Options
For a while I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week, alternating between cardio and weights. Then my friend, who has claimed to have lost a fair amount of weight off this, has given me a tub of Celebrity Slim Rapid.
Before I try it, I just wanted to see if there's anyone else that has tried it and successfully had weight loss from it?

Sorry if it's in the wrong forum! Haha :)

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Any diet will work in a calorie deficit, no diet will work in a calorie surplus. If your friend has been losing weight consistently and it isn't just water weight, then that friend is in a calorie deficit, which can be achieved with regular food.
  • Roxannehcarter
    Roxannehcarter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to do 3 shakes a day + the dinner they recommend :)
    It just costs a lot, I didn't lose weight, but meh...
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It works because it puts you in a calorie deficit. Guess what, so does using MFP as recommended.
    Now if you're asking if there is some ingredient in the product that makes you lose weight while still being in a calorie surplus, then the answer is no. Also unless you enjoy drinking the same monotonous liquid meal replacement every single day, it is pretty pointless to buy it.

In the end, why spend money on a product if you can do the same for free.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I really have to wonder how people don't look at something called "Celebrity Slim" and have the common sense part of their brain go "Um, obviously a SCAMWOO."
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You drink shakes all day until eating dinner. It seems like a very expensive version of Slim Fast. It teaches nothing about healthy eating or sustainable weight-loss. Unless you want to drink those shakes ad eat one meal per day for the rest of your life, drink a shake as a snack, maybe, but eat real food. Eat at a deficit to lose weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It works because if you follow the plan, you're eating low calorie. You can eat low calorie without the shakes and have the same success. I personally found after being on a similar replacement diet, I was so very bored, got so sick of the shakes and the restrictions, and piled it all back on (plus some) when I was done because it taught me nothing.