At Home Work out DVDs that have worked for you

Options
2»

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga. Its yoga/calisthenics/bodyweight exercises. I started it awhile ago, but my diet was a mess and had no energy or motivation to do it. Now that I am eating properly now, I can't wait to do my workouts. :)
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I like Leselie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds. It's gentle on the joints, but it makes you sweat! Plus her workouts are available on Youtube for free. There are also uweighted and weighted workouts.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I like Leselie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds. It's gentle on the joints, but it makes you sweat! Plus her workouts are available on Youtube for free. There are also uweighted and weighted workouts.

Leslie Sansone is great. I like her newer Just Walk workouts on DVD. Check your local library. The "Walk Away The Pounds" brand was originally on VHS and the music is too quiet for my taste.

For newbies, the vast majority of her "weighted" workouts are still classified as cardio. Her strength training workouts are far an few between. Look for Walk It Off in 30 Days, and Short Cuts. For circuit workouts look for Walk Strong and Tone Every Zone. Chris Freytag's Walking Cardio Shapeup Max (on YouTube) is low impact, yet fairly challenging.

• Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I am interested in getting a home workout DVD set... But I need some input from people that have used some of these workouts.... I keep reading reviews but they are mainly by people that already fit... Any input good or bad would be greatly appreciated! I am asking because the only gym in my town closes at 9pm weekdays and 3pm Saturdays and Sundays... I work a weird schedule and I get out at 8:30 everyday so it's not worth the membership fees for not being able to use all of the facilities.

Richard Simmons.... Lost 138pds doing his videos only!!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Insanity, insanity max, body beast. P90x is great but I couldn't commit to some of the longer workouts.

On YouTube ....fitness blender and body rock.