Time to be honest and set yourself up for success!

Options
I have a new energy for my goals! I have had 3 rough weekends as far as special events and food that was not in my plan but I went shopping Saturday and purchased a size 16 shorts!!! That is down from size 23!! I wore them yesterday and everyone could tell such a big change in me!! It was just the boost I needed, not that I was struggeling but I have had a few temptations that I gave into. So today I sat down, took stock in myself and my goals and I reminded myself why I am doing this and my health issue that began this journey. We all need to stop every once in a while and do this. Take stock, remind yourself of your goals and reasons. Feed your spirit with some positive and encouraging thoughts and pray if you believe. Ask God for his help and to give you strenght. Take the time to renew yourself and find the strenght within you. We all get weak and frustrated now and then and that is ok, it happens, but for us to be successfull we need to take care of our sprit as well as our bodies. This journey for me, is differant then ever before because I realize that in order for this (me) to succeed I have to change inside as well as out. For those of you that have read my profile page you know that I confess that I gave up on myself. I got heavy because I stopped caring about myself and let myself go. While I did have some health issuse that helped me with weight gain I can only blame the weight on me! It was my choice to put that food in my mouth. It was my choice not to exercise. It was my choice to watch to much tv. It was my choice to give up!! I LOST ME! I need to start practicing what I preach to my kids, that life is all about making choices, so it is now time for me to make better chioces!! So guess what, I am finding me all over agian!! And I like what I am seeing, it is fun! For the first time I am remembering that I am a good person, a valuable person, I am very nice and loving and would do anything for my friends and family. I am blessed beyond measure and have so much to live for. SO I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY!! IT IS TIME FOR ME TO START LIVING AGAIN!! All that food I was eating before is not good for me. It is only food. I control it, it does not control me anymore! I will still partake in special events or treat myself once in a while but I know I need to exercise control and do it in moderation!! I choose LIFE, NOT FOOD!! Sorry for the journal but it is as much for myself as for you my friends. I hope in reading this someone will take something from it. But I gain in sharing my thoughts and feelings with you. I have to own up to my failures and I need reasure myself that I am this wonderful person I am begining to find again. I am trying to set myself up for success and I hope you will too:flowerforyou: . WE ARE SOOOO WORTH THE EFFORT AND HARD WORK. For those of you who are having a hard time, I understand and I hope you will do some soul searching and find out why you are heavey, or why you are giving in or giving up. Most of us have emotional weight we need to loose as well as our physical. So work on that as you take your journey. God be with all of you as you travel this amazing and interesting life. Live well and strong. Molly:flowerforyou:

Replies

• cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Thank you. Thank you for opening up about yourself and for motivating me.:flowerforyou: