Weight gain, so quickly why?!

Options
Hi I've been recovering from anorexia for about 2 months now and my weight gain is still very very fast. I know the first week or two it was suppose to be water weight but now I shouldn't be able to gain so much on 2000 calories a day. The last week and a half I have gained 7 lbs! Why is this still happening?? Also I'm only about3- 5 lbs away from my goal weight so I'm worried it isn't going to stop!

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    khacker4 wrote: »
    Hi I've been recovering from anorexia for about 2 months now and my weight gain is still very very fast. I know the first week or two it was suppose to be water weight but now I shouldn't be able to gain so much on 2000 calories a day. The last week and a half I have gained 7 lbs! Why is this still happening?? Also I'm only about3- 5 lbs away from my goal weight so I'm worried it isn't going to stop!

You need to talk to your team/therapist. The public forums really isn't the place to be when you're in recovery. Get a hold of your therapist and talk it out with him/her.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Eating too much?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Eating too much?

She's in recovery for an eating disorder. In other words, saying something like this isn't really helpful.
  • Ihatepie5
    Ihatepie5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any exercise? Also what are your macros like? Are your fats to high? 2000kcals a day sounds quite a lot for someone so early in recovery? Speak to your doctor! Congratulations too on your recovery!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you are recovering from anorexia 7 lbs sounds wonderful! Congratulations!

I'm no doctor, but I wish you all the best with your recovery. Don't let your fears get in your way and keep up the excellent progress.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If your body has been starved of food 7 pounds is incredibly positive. Not even close to obsessive at all.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    khacker4 wrote: »

You need to talk to your team/therapist. The public forums really isn't the place to be when you're in recovery. Get a hold of your therapist and talk it out with him/her.

Agreed. OP, your recovery team is where you should be turning for this information and the support which is most appropriate for you. Others here will be well meaning in their responses, but we don't know anything about you, your progress, the plan they have you on, or the goals that have been set for this process for you.

Congratulations on being in recovery, and keep working with your team. All the best for you.