An idea for the weekends . Yay or nay ?

Options
Here's an idea , then I do t feel deprived at the weekends

Mon- thurs 1200 cals. Fri sat 1500 Cals sunday back to 1200 but don't eat back exercise calories ? Do u think I will still loose weight Doin that ? I'm 4ft 11 and want to loose 7lb ️xx

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a deficit over the week you'll lose. Many people will save some of their calories to eat more on the weekends.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If you're still in a calorie deficit, then sure, you'll still lose weight. If it helps you to not feel food deprived at the weekend, and you're still getting enough fuel for your workouts, then you've got a better chance of sticking to your guns.

I tried the same kind of system a while ago, but alas, my brain didn't consider the fri/sat to be my 'high calorie' days, it considered every other day to be a 'low calorie punishment' day, but that's just me.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Sure!

I have a daily allowance of 1650 calories. I aim to eat 100 under that number per day during the week to allow for extra on the weekend. Last week I managed to 'bank' an extra 700 calories for my Saturday. It's worked really well for me but make sure you aren't depriving yourself through 'banking'. If you're hungry, eat! :)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you make progress and can be consistent with that, then it's likely a good thing for you. The number 1 thing you can do is develop consistency. Lock in your nutrition, exercise with intensity, and kick some butt!