Food and exercise tips for loosing 1-2 stone in 8 weeks

Options
hello, I'm new to this, and from the UK.
My "problem areas" are tummy, thighs, and bingo wings

Replies

• FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Loosing that large amount of weight that quickly is going to put a lot of stress on you, you may loose a lot of water weight to begin with ( i lost 6lbs in 7 days) but then it will steady out. Id get down the gym and focus on cardio and weights.

how many calories a day is your goal?
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    My one tip would be to set reasonable and achievable goals.

Two stone in eight weeks is certainly not reasonable or healthy as that would require a significant calorie deficit which would leave you with more problem areas as you would likely lose lean body mass and not body fat.

One stone..is a bit of a stretch and would require a large calorie deficit which again would probably leave you crossing the line from eating at a deficit to losing weight to significantly under eating you will likely binge.

What is your current weight and height? What is your goal weight? What exercise will you be doing? What is the rush?
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. 1 stone (14lb) might be just about do-able depending on your weight now but unless you are significantly overweight, 2 stone definitely is not, as it would be 3.5lb pw on average for the entire 8 weeks.

I'd recommend lowering your deficit and aiming for a slower rate of loss to make it sustainable and lose as little lean body mass as possible. Also resistance training will be helpful.

If you are just starting you could see a large loss in the first week but that's to be ignored - it's mainly water weight which your body sheds when you first start eating at a deficit.

Also I recommend reading the 'must read' threads, it will help you to understand how CICO works and why its so important to do things slowly and steadily. Good luck :smiley:
  • cb3ar91
    cb3ar91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I weigh dead on 11st and I'm 5.2ft or 3
    2st loss is my ideal weight over all, so just being able to loose half of that by the end of January would be great.

I don't seem to gain weight, I just can't seem to shift it, I think it's because I don't eat breakfast (find it hard to) and only sometimes lunch. So my body stores the fat.

I haven't heard to resistance training (like I said newbie lol) so I shall look into that and also the 'must read' posts. Thank you for your help :smile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Timing of eating doesn't matter at all, skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch has no effect of fat storage or why you haven't lost weight. read the must reads, for sure. They will dispel a lot of the myths.
  • cb3ar91
    Options
    My one tip would be to set reasonable and achievable goals.

Two stone in eight weeks is certainly not reasonable or healthy as that would require a significant calorie deficit which would leave you with more problem areas as you would likely lose lean body mass and not body fat.

One stone..is a bit of a stretch and would require a large calorie deficit which again would probably leave you crossing the line from eating at a deficit to losing weight to significantly under eating you will likely binge.

What is your current weight and height? What is your goal weight? What exercise will you be doing? What is the rush?

I weigh 11st exactly and I am 5.2/3ft
    Exercise I have been doing is walking (up to 12000 steps is poss) 1-1 and half hours of aerobics and yoga. The rush is a holiday so I want my 'mummy belly' gone lol
  • cb3ar91
    Options
    Loosing that large amount of weight that quickly is going to put a lot of stress on you, you may loose a lot of water weight to begin with ( i lost 6lbs in 7 days) but then it will steady out. Id get down the gym and focus on cardio and weights.

how many calories a day is your goal?

1520 is my daily goal
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I assume the 1520 was set by MFP. At your height you have less calories to play with so I'm not sure what deficit this will give you, but I wouldn't expect too quick a loss at this number (which we've said, is good). What did you tell MFP you want to lose?

Also re your cardio (aerobics), input the exercise into MFP and eat back at least 50% of what MFP says you burned as MFP sets your goals ignoring whatever exercise you said you'd do.
  • bethclabburn
    bethclabburn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft4 11st 6 with about 2 and half stone to loose (not in a short time space like yours though) and MFP set my calorie goal as 1,200. I'm finding it fairly ok with the foods I eat and the exercise I do