Need advice...

Options
So I'm extremely limited on what I am able to do for right now...I'm not medically cleared for much of anything other than walking because I had open heart surgery in May. They won't medically clear me until May next year at the earliest because of the type of surgery I had, and because they want to be sure it will work properly. I'm also dealing with a tear in my rotator cuff which I start physical therapy today for. I can push through the pain I'm just not sure what I can do for workouts.Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nobody in their right mind is going to tell you do anything except what the doctors tell you to do.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Nobody in their right mind is going to tell you do anything except what the doctors tell you to do.

Yup. If you are not cleared, don't do anything. Weightloss is completely possible without exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

Yup. If you are not cleared, don't do anything. Weightloss is completely possible without exercise.

yep and yep!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yep this question should be directed to your doc and physical therapists and then you only exclusively do what they clear you to do. In the meantime turn your attention to getting your diet in order and on track. Hoping you have a speedy recovery and best of luck. :)