Holidays...

With all the holidays and parties between Thanksgiving and New Years, this can be one of the most difficult time of the year to lose weight. Many of us will be faced with parties and coworkers bringing tasty treats into work. I know in years past i've said screw it and have given into the temptations or "it's only one day" last turned into an entire month of bad eating. This year, i am proposing that we stick with our goals and make that "it's only one day/party" really truly be one day/party. My goal for this year is to continue with the gym and get even stricter with my logging, i have allowed myself to slip into the "i don't need to weigh/measure/log because i know what a portion size looks like". Who's with me?

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    We have a no weight gain during the holiday challenge at work every year. I am also trying to lose a few lbs. It helps to have goals during the holidays to keep me motivated.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    We need eating habits that are sustainable for life. To me that means all the time. No flip flopping back and forth between "good" days and "bad" or "cheat" days. Moderation in all things, a few treats, but no binging or pigging out.
    SW 301
    CW 181
    GW 150
    18 months
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    We need eating habits that are sustainable for life. To me that means all the time. No flip flopping back and forth between "good" days and "bad" or "cheat" days. Moderation in all things, a few treats, but no binging or pigging out.

I was 125 pounds in my mid 20's. I was 180 pounds in my mid 30's and I was 250 pounds in my 40's. My eating habits were obviously never good and that is why I slowly gained weight over the years. We need to figure out a sustainable lifestyle for eating and exercise that we know that we can do forever. And that is moderation in all things. We can't just eat "whatever we feel like" because that is what got us into this mess in the first place. We can eat what we want but we need to eat less of it. The days of binging or pigging out are over.
  • BethR1996x
    BethR1996x Posts: 21 Member
    I agree, I only allow myself to eat more on Christmas Eve - Boxing day and then New years eve. I always manage to lose the most weight in December some how! I'm going to try and hit the gym almost every day of December x