Fibromyalgia

Options
Hey everyone :)

I'm doubting I'll get any responses here but I just wanted to put out a message asking for anyone who has Fibromyalgia or any similar health condition to add me for support, if you're interested!

I'm a 27 year old female who's been diagnosed with fibromyalgia only recently & it'd be amazing to have a bit of a support system on the MFP app by people in similar situations! It's difficult having a chronic condition like this where I just can't exercise at all like I used to so it's be nice to have friends who understand! :)

-Louisa.

Replies

• MadOne2011
    MadOne2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Louisa, I have fibromyalgia also. I was diagnosed over 15 years ago and have what I think are relatively mild symptoms most of the time but can be excruciating when it flares up.

I'm still learning about what I can and can't do with fibromyalgia even after all these years nd am surprised what my body can do with my condition.

If you would like to add me as a friend for support, please do.
  • De92940822
    De92940822 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I also have fms
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I have fibro, but it really isn't bothering me much lately. I tend to only have a couple of flares a year, generally during extreme heat/cold/stress.

I use exercise for pain management. When I don't work out regularly, fibro becomes an issue.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't have fibro but I do have rheumatoid arthritis which is also a autoimmune disease with chronic pain. Was diagnosed 2 years ago. Feel free to add me
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is a fibrosis group on here that has some resources I don't have symptoms as bad as some. However I was determined not yo use fm as an excuse for not losing weight and doing what I needed to do. That was for "me". I'm in no way suggesting others use it as an excuse because I know many people are debilitated by fm. It impacted my recovery after exercise for the first 15 months of working out but most of that prob has resolved the last few months. Ok to add me if you like.
    SW 301
    CW 181
    GW 150