May - December relationships

Options
rose228822
rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
Good morning!
Just wondering if there are any other fitness pals that are in this type of relationship. My boyfriend is much younger than me but we have been going strong for 5 years. I think part of my reason for staying fit is not only for myself but to keep up with him lol:happy:
It's funny but we have so many things in common and we just forget about the age difference. the only thing I'd change is that if he had any type of a weight issue we could go on this journey together. Actually, he's been very supportive and recently stocked his fridge with skinny girl wine so I can treat myself after a long week at work!
I hope everyone is staying motivated and strong...I'm trying to take it day by day and not get frustrated when the weight is dropping off so slowly.

Replies

• xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    17 year difference here
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    17 year difference here

If you don't mind me asking...are you older or the younger one? I find that it's usually the other way around when it's between a man and woman, the man is usually the older of the two...our age difference is 20 years...I have three teenage daughters who are very open minded and say it's doesn't matter what others think and just be happy!
    I have to admit it took at least 6 months before I would go out with him...his persistence paid off:)
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    my fiance is only 6 months older than me
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My fiance is only 3 years older, but I actually had to Google what the hell a "May-December" relationship was :huh: Why are they called that? It doesn't make sense! lol