Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

6 months, 210 to 170. Still a work in progress!

Replies

• LisaKirkup
    LisaKirkup Posts: 4 Member
    Well done! Brilliant progress and a huge difference :)
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    wow me and you have lost almost the same amount of weight I started at 230 and i'm at 185 now. In your after photo you look like I do which is much smaller than the scale says...do you notice that the scale says 170 but you feel lighter lol. How tall are you? I am 5'6. The reason I ask is because I see 170 on many other people and they look very overweight in comparison.

I'm also 5'6". I don't feel smaller at all. I actually can't see it except for in pictures. My brain hasn't caught up to my weightloss yet.
  • miles0213
    miles0213 Posts: 55 Member
    Awesome! I started about the same weight and I'm 5"5.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Congrats!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    awesome job keep up the good work if that is what you wish :wink:
  • cbrealtor55
    cbrealtor55 Posts: 37 Member
    Great job!
  • ekoth_09
    ekoth_09 Posts: 50 Member
    Way to go!
  • TakingBackForever
    Thank you so much everyone. You made my whole day!!
  • ardenspark
    ardenspark Posts: 50 Member
    Holy crap! You look awesome! Just the motivation I needed today....thanks!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Great job! Keep up the good work. Inspiring me to keep at it! I'm the same way I can't really see it until I view photos and then I still see just how much more I have to go....slowly but surely!
  • JRitaK
    JRitaK Posts: 62 Member
    You look fabulous!!

I'm also 5'6" and currently at 185lbs. I would like to lose at least another 20lbs. I have a medium to large frame so I don't expect to lose a ton more weight and be able to maintain it.
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Way to go!
    You look awesome
  • TakingBackForever
    JRitaK wrote: »
    You look fabulous!!

I'm also 5'6" and currently at 185lbs. I would like to lose at least another 20lbs. I have a medium to large frame so I don't expect to lose a ton more weight and be able to maintain it.

Thank you so much!

You're so close! Great job!
  • TakingBackForever
    agzram wrote: »
    Great job! Keep up the good work. Inspiring me to keep at it! I'm the same way I can't really see it until I view photos and then I still see just how much more I have to go....slowly but surely!

I feel you there. I'm pretty sure I'm still the cute fat kid I see in the mirror. I have NO idea what I actually look like anymore.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    congrats on the awesome success good luck on the rest of your journey
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    wow....great job
  • katzunghope
    katzunghope Posts: 28 Member
    natajane wrote: »
    Wow, that is brilliant! What exercise do you do? How do you stay on track?

I just keep going. No matter what happens one day, I pick myself up the next.

The only exercises I'm doing are walking and pole dancing. (Though my weight set is on its way!)
    I checked out your profile and LOVE the mini goals you have set for yourself. I quickly figured out some for myself following your same system. We have a similar goal and had similar weight to lose.... although you are much farther along than I am. Congratulations you look fab!

Thank you so much! I remember making those goals in May and thinking it was crazy. Now I'm shopping for my refrigerator! I love it, it's made hitting milestones really fun!

Thats superb!!!!! How long did it take you....and how long do u walk for? I wanna go from a 180 to 150 to begin with!
  • TakingBackForever
    edited December 2015
    natajane wrote: »
    Wow, that is brilliant! What exercise do you do? How do you stay on track?

I just keep going. No matter what happens one day, I pick myself up the next.

The only exercises I'm doing are walking and pole dancing. (Though my weight set is on its way!)
    I checked out your profile and LOVE the mini goals you have set for yourself. I quickly figured out some for myself following your same system. We have a similar goal and had similar weight to lose.... although you are much farther along than I am. Congratulations you look fab!

Thank you so much! I remember making those goals in May and thinking it was crazy. Now I'm shopping for my refrigerator! I love it, it's made hitting milestones really fun!

Thats superb!!!!! How long did it take you....and how long do u walk for? I wanna go from a 180 to 150 to begin with!

I walk 4 miles, twice a week. And less now that it's rainy! I'm 6 months in.
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Keep up the terrific effort. Thank you for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!