Perimenopause and Menopause

Options
Hi...I am doing what I am supposed to do with diet and exercise (for what I can afford, what my digestive system will allow without "troubles" and what my body will allow due to injuries, DDD and arthritis)...It seems like no matter what I do, I can't lose any more weight in my belly (everywhere else loses weight/inches just fine)...I'm 40 years old; Gyno diagnosed me with perimenopause 3 years ago...I've had a myomectomy, C-section and now carrying 3 fibroid tumors in my uterus, which measures the size of a 5 month pregnancy. This is messing with my head and I don't know what ELSE to do. Anyone in the same boat? Any ideas/suggestions? If you have more questions, please feel free to ask...Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to menopause arriving and taking care of my own fibroids. I'll be 49 next month and don't have clear perimenopause indications - what were yours?
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! Can they get rid of the fibroids? They sound rather large. If you had a hysterectomy, did that send you into full blown menopause?

Do you have more weight that you want to lose? If the fibroids are what are making your belly large, you could lose 30 pounds and it won't change. If you've lost a great deal of weight already, you might have more loose skin, than fat in your belly.

I would see about having the fibroids removed first, you will probably feel and look better after that.