Chick-Fil-A, What do you like to order there that's healthy, tasting and filling?

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »

It's more than just calories, though. Eating fried food often leads to heart disease and that's been proven.

This is false. There IS a correlation between fried foods and heart disease, but no study has shown (or even pretends to show) causation.

Most likely, the types of people who eat a lot of fried food also live a relatively unhealthy lifestyle overall. Just as eating fat doesn't make you fat and dietary cholesterol doesn't raise your cholesterol levels, so fried food isn't going to give you heart disease.

Workout, eat a balanced diet, and enjoy your fried food the same way you enjoy everything else: in moderation.

There's this study that proves otherwise: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/eating-fried-foods-tied-to-increased-risk-of-diabetes-and-heart-disease/

I didn't say that dietary fat makes you fat, but I do know that eating fried food mutliple times a week isn't good for the arteries, hence why I said everything in moderation.

No...it does exactly what xmichaelyx said...there is a link/correlation ("tie" using the article's word) between the two...but it doesn't prove causation.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    If I'm short on calories, the grilled chicken sandwich or grilled chicken nuggets with the chicken tortilla soup. It's actually good and the macros are excellent. I prefer the soup to the fries actually. Chick-Fil-A also has a Greek yogurt cup available.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The wrap is under 400 calories I believe :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love the chick fil A deluxe. It's 500 cals and I fit it into my day. I have it at least once a week. I am addicted to it!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i will get a kids nuggets with honey mustard.. If i am gonna eat fast food or somewhere I really like I will just save up the calories for it otherwise its a little bit of a disappointment for me.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I love their Asian salad.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I love their Asian salad.

Me too. With a diet lemonade. :smiley:

• hhumphries578
    hhumphries578 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich with a fruit cup!!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I love the slightly sweet bun of the chick-fil-a chick-n-minis for breakfast and the grilled market salad is so yummy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    molliepw wrote: »
    What's your go-to order at Chick-Fil-A that's healthy and tasty?

A number 1 with an extra chicken sandwich and extra pickle. Sorry, but when it comes to Chik Fil A, I just go to town.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I do the grilled chicken deluxe with extra pickles, granola parfait and a small strawberry milkshake.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We are a family of four, Chik Fil A is our go to road trip meal: kids get 4 piece nuggets with fruit cups, I get the #1, wheat bun, no pickles with fries and a Diet Coke. Husband can't drink soda, so he gets the same sandwich as me and a water. The four of us split the order of waffle fries from my combo. If there are leftover nuggets, I eat those too!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't even attempt to eat anything healthy there.. just stick with the spicy chicken sandwich and lemonade and keep it moving!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich and a cool wrap for me. And then a diet lemonade.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It would really depend on what you consider "healthy" and how you plan out the rest of your day/week.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »

It's more than just calories, though. Eating fried food often leads to heart disease and that's been proven.

This is false. There IS a correlation between fried foods and heart disease, but no study has shown (or even pretends to show) causation.

It's not quite that black and white. Frying implies the use of fats in preparation. Consuming trans fats, in particular, has been shown to increase LDL levels which are in turn are a strong predictor of cardio vascular disease. Consuming saturated fats may also play a roll although much of the research is contradictory.

Effect of animal and industrial trans fatty acids on HDL and LDL cholesterol levels in humans

Intake of trans fatty acids and risk of coronary heart disease among women.

Saturated fat controversy
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I usually go for their grilled market salad. It's got 2 servings of veg (mixed greens and NO ICEBERG LETTUCE), 1 serving of fruit, 3 oz grilled chicken, and it's only 120 calories minus the toppings and cheese. Add in half the packet of berry balsamic vinaigrette and you're looking at 175 calories for a pretty big salad. Plenty of reason to splurge for that iced lemonade :D
  • desy617
    desy617 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    grill chicken sandwich with chick fila sauce extra lettuce no bun no fries
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    They have grilled nuggets and salads, but come on, you know you want a classic sandwich and waffle fries.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Med waffle fries and chick-fil-a sauce.

I don't desire much of anything else there, but I'm not really into ordering something as mundane as chicken at restaurants, anyway. But their fries and sauce are heaven and not too bad of a calorie hit for how satisfying and tasty these are.