Does anyone enter calories burned when lifting machine weights?

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    mrp56839 wrote: »
    so I'm curious... if weight training increases your heart rate, makes you sweat like you've run 5 miles and leaves you exhausted afterward (all very similar to cardio), why does it not earn you any "exercise" calories?

@mrp56839 - log it under the cadiovascular section of your exercise diary.
    But also - it may feel as tiring as cardio but it's really not that similar to cardio and heart rate when weight training is an irrelevance as regards calories.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    mrp56839 wrote: »
    so I'm curious... if weight training increases your heart rate, makes you sweat like you've run 5 miles and leaves you exhausted afterward (all very similar to cardio), why does it not earn you any "exercise" calories?

I sweat and my heart rate goes up a bit when I'm lifting, but it doesn't stay up the whole time like when doing cardio. It quickly goes down when I stop to rest, walk to another area of the gym, change the weights I'm using.... It's just not the same.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I sweat when it is hot where I'm sleeping. My heart rate increases when I drink a lot of coffee. Does that mean I'm exercising?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    When I started lifting Dumbbells I got really hungry. For a 40 min. DVD I put in 98 calories under the cardio section. I'm at 1200 calories daily and have lost 3# the past month and it seems that I need to eat those calories as I don't want to lose faster and am almost at maintenance (5# to go). I think you should put in something. I'm not sure how much though.