More calorie counting analysis in ghe NYT

Options

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    The comments remind me of how sad it is that so many people lack even basic nutritional knowledge.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Interesting and sad how many of the comments blame the restaurants and marketers. Everyone is responsible for what they put in their mouth. It's not the restaurants fault people eat too much food. I guess no one wants to take the blame on themselves. Me, I gained weight because I drank way too much for too long. It's not the liquor store at fault, it's me.
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I took a month off from calorie counting. Injuries, illness and excessive workload made me think Ill test myself and reduce one self-improvement metric. Result: I gained 1kg. I remember days where i thought I didnt eat above my quota but obviously somewhere here I went wrong. Cc allows for a metric to review, to go back and take stock. It also curbs my wayward thoughts and provides a discipline when my discipline is waning. It creates triggers for discipline most required when the mind or body are already fatigued from life's chores and I have to reach for some support. Its like a coach pumping you up with that 'just one more!' verbal chuck to get you past the quit point. My 1kg is my own. No restaurant or family member was my pusher. It happened because I tried doing this alone. Im happy its only 1 kg but it shows that all my work will disappear if I continue NOT recording it. Exercise is additionally required and I can see that too. I think the negative responses are not seeing the forrest through the trees.