The Zumba Crew w/o 6-21

Options

Replies

• oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My class last night was also awesome. I burned 750 calories. Woo Hoo! She's also going to start adding toning exercises for the arms which I need alot of help with so yea! I think I'm going to wear my weighted gloves from here on out also. What does everyone think of that? Good or bad idea?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have been using my weighted gloves at home, and keep trying to work up the nerve to bust them out in class, I'm sure they'd bump the calorie burn/arm toning potential up a bit. I only have two classes that are easy enough to use them in...My more intense classes I need all the lightness I can get.:tongue:
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I went to Zumba last night too...my regular instructor is off for medical reasons this week soo the new lady was nice BUT her stuff was kind of slow!!! but nevertheless I am sure a GREAT workout!!!

sooo just a question for those who do Zumba at home...where did u get the videos on zumba.com or what?? and is it like a class??? or what???
  • JulieSue
    Options
    did you do anything else to drop the 40lbs or just Zumba??
  • JulieSue
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newcomers! You have found the right place! There are zumbaholics and zumba instructors, zumba at home and zumba in class. We all just LOVE ZUMBA!

As a brief testimonial, I will just say that 2 years ago, I got my first desk job and had gained too much weight for comfort. I took up zumba in order to get ready for my wedding which was more than a year away. I used my best friends wedding a preliminary goal, and got into shape in plenty of time for it! By the time my own wedding rolled around, i had lost almost 40 lbs from zumba-ing and felt great on my big day! Then on our honeymoon I got pregnant (with twins!) and continued to zumba until about the third month, when I became too uncomfortable. Now that the twins are here, I am an entire 20 lbs HIGHER than I was when I decided that I wanted to lose weight the first time around! So of course, I resorted to zumba, because I know that it will work!! Here's to shaking that baby weight right off!

**** soo did you do anything else to drop the weight or only zumba???
  • JulieSue
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newcomers! You have found the right place! There are zumbaholics and zumba instructors, zumba at home and zumba in class. We all just LOVE ZUMBA!

As a brief testimonial, I will just say that 2 years ago, I got my first desk job and had gained too much weight for comfort. I took up zumba in order to get ready for my wedding which was more than a year away. I used my best friends wedding a preliminary goal, and got into shape in plenty of time for it! By the time my own wedding rolled around, i had lost almost 40 lbs from zumba-ing and felt great on my big day! Then on our honeymoon I got pregnant (with twins!) and continued to zumba until about the third month, when I became too uncomfortable. Now that the twins are here, I am an entire 20 lbs HIGHER than I was when I decided that I wanted to lose weight the first time around! So of course, I resorted to zumba, because I know that it will work!! Here's to shaking that baby weight right off!
  • JulieSue
    Options
    ok soo apparently I have no clue how to post a quote or ask questions...I am still new soo forgive me!!!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Hi fellow Zumbaholics! I missed my class tonight because I got sick today, but am pleased to report that my dvd's arrived in the mail. So, I'm looking forward to checking them out. :bigsmile:
  • JulieSue
    Options
    soo where did u order the dvds from?? and is it comparable to the class??? how is it???
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    soo where did u order the dvds from?? and is it comparable to the class??? how is it???

zumba.com

It's a set of DVD workouts, very similar to an actual class, although I get a higher calorie burn in some of my more advanced/intense classes.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Well, at the time I was also attending a pilates class as well. I went to class at least 3-4 times per week.

I got to teach my choreography in class again tonight which was awesome, and she had several new routines with a lot more sass. So that helped a lot, but I am still so accustomed to such upbeat routines that I am still tempted to fall back into my old routines!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Had my zumba fix today. All is right in the world. :bigsmile:

Grin. I'm getting my fix tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. Our instructor introduced a new song/routine on Tuesday night and he's going to teach us more of it tonight--the music has an amazing dance beat to it [Gonna shake it and make mami proud!]
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Hey y'all! So I went to a zumba class today in a nearby town. The instructor was so peppy and awesome! It was a very high impact class which was so awesome, but the only problem was that the class took place in a studio that had a very rubbery floor (made out of those interlocking mats) It was hard for me to dance on it because the traction was too high! Now my knees hurt, which makes sad, because the class was very fun, and only 20 minutes away.

What kind of floor do you guys zumba on? I really like a hardwood floor, and anything else really messes with me! Especially this rubbery stuff that has really high grip factor.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options

What kind of floor do you guys zumba on? I really like a hardwood floor, and anything else really messes with me! Especially this rubbery stuff that has really high grip factor.

Both floors I dance on are carpet and I find that if I put a pair of knee highs over my shoes it allows me to really be able to do the twist and turns without twisting my knees. And I still work just as hard as far as my calorie burn.

One of the floors is at a gymnastics place and the floor is one of those spring board floors, and just for the record its extremely fun to dance on that because its so bouncy.:):bigsmile:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Hey that's a good idea. Maybe I will get some of those footies like they have in the shoe store to try next time!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Hey y'all! So I went to a zumba class today in a nearby town. The instructor was so peppy and awesome! It was a very high impact class which was so awesome, but the only problem was that the class took place in a studio that had a very rubbery floor (made out of those interlocking mats) It was hard for me to dance on it because the traction was too high! Now my knees hurt, which makes sad, because the class was very fun, and only 20 minutes away.

I bought a pair of "dance sneakers" Bloch and Capezio make them...and they have made a huge difference! Cushioned and supportive, but with a split sole and not a lot of traction.

Also, in other news...I signed up for salsa lessons last night. I want to get more "stylistically correct" if I'm going to get certified to teach.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Also, in other news...I signed up for salsa lessons last night. I want to get more "stylistically correct" if I'm going to get certified to teach.

OOOooh!!! How EXCITING!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options

I bought a pair of "dance sneakers" Bloch and Capezio make them...and they have made a huge difference! Cushioned and supportive, but with a split sole and not a lot of traction.

good thinking Viv!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    This is pretty exciting, fellow zumba-holics: the last time I measured my waist, I had not started zumba. After three months of zumba at least three times a week (and a couple tweaks in my diet) I have lost an inch off of my waist at its narrowest point, and a half inch of my "bellybutton waist". I have been trying to lose size on the low waist/belly region for. ever.

Mucho gusto. Mami likes this.:wink:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm FINALLY getting to a zumba class tonight! It was cancelled all last week. I'm tired from the weekend but very excited to SHAKE IT!

I HAVE to get motivated with zumba and running simultaneously again. I feel the inches creeping on the mid-section and I'm NOTinto it. :blushing:

Happy Monday!