New here and have a question

Options
I have done my reading and I read about how to figure out your TEE and mine is 1,440. I did all my calculation and the amount I need to lose weight daily is 1,200. Does that seem like a reasonable amount to eat a day. Thank you for your input :)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is really 1440, yes. What is your height, age, weight, and activity level?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on several things. I'm a practical guy though. I'd rather you figure out how much to eat by trial and error. Everyone is different, so calculators may not give you the correct answer. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.