Feeling Frustrated

Options
Are you feeling frustrated because you did not loose the amount of weight you expected so far? Its easy to get upset when you dont see the results that you want. Feeling this way is okay, but the important thing is to not let those feelings of frustration get the better of you.

Some of these tips have helped me along the way....

1.) Make a new commitment-There are alot of different things that help people stay motivated.List the reasons for wanting to lose weight.

2.) Dont give up too soon- Losing weight is hard work. It takes alot of time and effort to make sure you get enough exercise, plan meals with fruit and vegetables, and make healthy changes. When its been a couple days, a week, or even a month since you last exercised, it can be really tempting for you to give up on your weightloss goals ,but no matter how long its been since you last exercised , you can get back on track!

3.) Have Realistic Expectations- Maybe you did really well with your exercise and healthy eating goals for several weeks, but you did not loose any weight. Doing alot of hard work, like making time to exercise and planning healthy meals, but not seeing the number on the scale go down can be very frustrating. Its important to remember that losing weight is not going to happen overnight.

Replies

• darintexas
    darintexas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    50 lbs lost is AWESOME! Congratulations!

Great article! What's kind of been helping me a lot is your point #3 =)) I have soooo far to go so it's really helping by setting short term, realistic goals right now! To look at the end result and where I waaaaaant to be can get overwhelming and frustrating...

Thanks for the great reminder =)