40/40/40

Options
So I lost 40 pounds ... felt amazing! :)
So I gained 40 pounds ... feel not so amazing :(
So I will lost 40 pounds again ... so I can feel amazing :)

That's pretty much my plan ... if this sounds like you *amazing commercial voice* then let's do this together!

Amazing? "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

If you feel like joining me, let's connect ... with 4 kids I don't spend too much time in the gym, and most of my workouts are walks and runs in the neighborhood - and while my diary doesn't reflect it as much as I would like (don't look at yesterday *smile*), my food goals are pretty basic too ... cleaner, whole, minimally processed foods ... so ... I run more ... eat less ... and eat better. Manage some numbers, enjoy life, and let my body do what it was created to do for me when I fuel it properly ...

~Matt

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a diet you can sustain for life, the pounds you lose will return when you go off diet. Yes many SAY they can "stick to it" but unfortunately only about 10% of people who attempt it do. That's why 90% of dieters revert back to weight regain. So don't follow the regimen that just helped you to lose the weight. CREATE a diet that you can enjoy and sustain while NOT regretting enjoying life. In most cases, it's just going to come down to just eating less than you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I take it you were responding to the person before that removed their comment about fasting? As I agree, while I may fast for a personal/faith reason from time to time, it's not about weight loss. I want to just eat good food, enjoy life, and find a healthy balance for the long term ... no dieting here ...