Hydroxycut? Garcinia Cambogia?

Has anyone had any luck with any of these? Bad reviews? Suggestions of something else?

I'm trying to lose a significant amount of weight.

Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Diet pills are incredibly worthless. Eat at a calorie deficit and you'll loses.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    This is going to sound harsh but Hydroxycut or Garcinia Cambogia really don't help with weight loss. The way to lose weight is eat less and count calories. There is no magic pill or shake that will speed up your weight loss.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Completely unnecessary. You need to eat at a calorie deficit and add some exercise for health. Rinse and repeat.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2015
    You might want to use the Search feature here. These two particular diet hoaxes have been discussed many, many, many times. ;)
  • westln
    westln Posts: 35 Member
    kdaveyyy wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with any of these? Bad reviews? Suggestions of something else?

Thanks!

I used hydroxycut while in college getting my nutrition degree. I followed the directions as directed and exercised 6 days a wk. for an hour a day and lost 25 pounds. I stopped using it after learning the best ways to lose weight and keep it off through nutrition.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    westln wrote: »
    kdaveyyy wrote: »

Thanks!

I used hydroxycut while in college getting my nutrition degree. I followed the directions as directed and exercised 6 days a wk. for an hour a day and lost 25 pounds. I stopped using it after learning the best ways to lose weight and keep it off through nutrition.

To the bolded: This is why you lost the weight. ;)
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Save your money. A good diet and exercise is the only thing that really works.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Save your money and have a cup of coffee instead.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    There are no quick fixes. If diet "breakthroughs" like these really truly were the miracle they claim to be, they would be endorsed my the scientific community. The creators would be winning the Pulitzer prize for medicine. The truth is, you're only going to see results if you curb your caloric intake. Adding strength training and heavy lifting will help you see the most change in your body.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Hydroxycut can cause liver and kidney damage. If you take too much for your body you can end up in the hospital.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Without a calorie deficit.............no pill or diet works. And calorie deficit is FREE. It just means you eat less than you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    bad idea. try a calorie deficit instead. don't spend your money on magic beans
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Hydroxycut is a completely different formula these days, it's useless & not what it used to be. Save your money.
  • angrydads
    angrydads Posts: 162 Member
    I use prework to get the mojo flowing when I'm feeling uninspired. I have in the past used the pills in combination with lower caloric intake and exercise. They assist in keeping your metabolism up, but you can't sustain that regimine forever. The pills will make you jittery and nervous also depending on your tolorance etc. Eat with healthy and lower calorie meal planning combined with hard exercise and your weight will begin to fall of.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Diet pills are incredibly worthless. Eat at a calorie deficit and you'll loses.

Very true. I tried hydroxy cut a few hears back, and the only thing I got in return was a bad taste in my mouth. (I used drink mixes). I highly doubt it, or any other "lose weight fast" pill or mix will actually work.
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    I have lost 50 lbs including the elusive "last 5" that are not so easily attained and have never used a single supplement. What I did do was eat clean, train to run marathons and lift weights. On my off days I do fun active things like hike or paddle board. That's it. More Vegetables and more exercise.