not losing :(

Options
2»

Replies

• arizola1967
    arizola1967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can eat the calories given but if it's not the right food you will not lose I speak from experience. I started at 193 on 8/12/15 and I am down to 170 to date. What has helped me is I set myself up for a 30 day challenge against myself with a realistic goal of 5 pounds in one month and I always do better. I only weigh myself once a month but the scale is my frenemy. Go by how your clothes feel.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can eat the calories given but if it's not the right food you will not lose I speak from experience.

This is 100% absolutely false.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can eat the calories given but if it's not the right food you will not lose I speak from experience. I started at 193 on 8/12/15 and I am down to 170 to date. What has helped me is I set myself up for a 30 day challenge against myself with a realistic goal of 5 pounds in one month and I always do better. I only weigh myself once a month but the scale is my frenemy. Go by how your clothes feel.

If people had to stick to a certain macro distribution or combination of foods to lose weight, then how could starvation ever happen?
  • YZGirl
    YZGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bought a fitbit and linked it here. Love it and slowly losing now :)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    With 11 lbs to lose you should only be trying to lose .5lb a week. It's slower but more sustainable. I have no idea what your setting is but want to mention this.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can eat the calories given but if it's not the right food you will not lose I speak from experience.

What you eat makes no difference, only how much. I speak from experience after eating pizza nearly every weekend, ice cream daily and whatever else I like. I'm 44, 5'1" and have lost 50 pounds. It was only when I realized I didn't have to give anything up and that most of what we're told about losing weight is absolute bull$#$% that it became so much more simple.