Avo Lifestyle Challenge... Post pictures of your avo meals here!!!

scolaris
scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
I just joined this delicious sounding challenge! I LOVE avocados & was raised in Santa Barbara county where many commercial avocados are grown.
Please post pictures of your best avocado meals to inspire & delight during this December challenge...
xoL

Replies

• Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Ditto. Already up to three small avocados at 1pm (Eastern Australia) on Wed Dec 2.
    I love avocado on toast/bread and as my "butter" on salad rolls
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I don't have any pics but I eat avocados every single day.They're in season here at the moment and are "cheap" at $2.50 each. I dread to think how much they are going to cost in winter....
  • scolaris
    Yes! I eat them almost every day. My mother always told every one to feed their babies avos... It was my first solid food.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    edited December 2015
    I just cut them and eat them. And it's not hard for me to eat 3 at a time. We have some good deals here in CA at $1.50 each.

http://shop.safeway.com/ecom/search?source=searchBox&searchTerm=avocados

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • scolaris
    Here's tonight's dinner! Sorry for the harsh lighting... Turkey taco salad. Mmm.
    The avos are kind of hard to see amidst all the other veg. mwb2lauqbcns.jpeg
    Ground turkey with spices, homemade Mexican mayacoba beans, some cheddar, oven baked tortilla chips and a creamy cilantro and tomatillo ranch dressing I make from scratch.
  • Christine_72
    OMG Yum!!!! :+1:
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Old recipe for "Fusion Avocado" is so good. Halve the avocado and remove pit. Score the avocado, then drizzle soy sauce over and eat with a spoon. Use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
  • scolaris
    Some guys I grew up with do that! Only they add a squeeze of lemon with the soy! That is truly delicious...
  • scolaris
    The citrus & soy together make sort of a fresh ponzu sauce...
  • Christine_72
    I'm having smoked salmon, philly cheese and avocado on toast for dinner tonight.
  • scolaris
    It all sounds yummy!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I didn't know this challenge was a thing. I had been on a kick where I was making one of my favoritest (this should totally be a word) foods in the whole world... egg salad where you replace the mayo with avocado. Just smush the hard boiled eggs together with the avo. I had it for a few days running there for a while.
  • scolaris
    Tonight, leftovers! gg3ff98y2ras.jpeg
    Bean & cheese burrito with greens, pico de gallo, avocado slices, fire roasted red salsa & Greek yogurt.
  • vivmom2014
    vd273u66qkjr.jpg

The humble avocado toast with fresh tomato. I use a little fresh lime juice and salt and pepper with half an avocado for 2 pieces of toast. Great little lunch!
  • vivmom2014
    scolaris wrote: »
    Tonight, leftovers! gg3ff98y2ras.jpeg
    Bean & cheese burrito with greens, pico de gallo, avocado slices, fire roasted red salsa & Greek yogurt.

Wow, that looks great!!

• scolaris
    Oh man so does that avo toast! Love!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    How do you join? I keep clicking join now but it just brings me back to MVP. I eat avocado every day
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    vd273u66qkjr.jpg

The humble avocado toast with fresh tomato. I use a little fresh lime juice and salt and pepper with half an avocado for 2 pieces of toast. Great little lunch!

Add hard boiled eggs and shredded cheese and you have my breakfast
  • scolaris
    I don't know why they would close it... Maybe send a query to admin? They get back pretty quick.
    Tonight I made my favorite winter salad: butter lettuce with avo slices & pink grapefruit sections. Pretty & delicious! qf54ldsgybx7.jpeg

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I need that salad in my life. I love grapefruit.