dealing with allergies/intolerances

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat with wheat AND corn intolerance? (Just found out I have these)

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    To start with, I'v found that eating Asian dishes is tasty and easier to stay gluten and major corn free - just get gluten free soy sauce. It's actually what soy sauce USED to be before wheat was used as a filler so it's quite tasty.

Japanese dishes use a lot of veggies, meats, and eggs plus rice, so can be easy to get good food and stay safe. :-)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It depends on how sensitive you are. Google the many allowable terms for corn and corn syrup in our packaged food and condiments.
    It is possible that Rice Chex is a good cereal for you. Maybe Cheerios are GF and Corn Free too.(Check both about the corn.)

>>>> You can still eat the carbs in rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, other root veggies, quinoa, buckwheat, lentils, chic peas, beans, butternut squash, pumpkin.
    In cooking, for "breading" you can use Parmesan cheese and almond flour. Also pork rinds work.
    Google "paleo recipes" because those on paleo diets do not eat wheat or corn. Pinterest might be good for paleo.
    You will find that after you find some foods you like to cook at home, you will be fine: think pork chops or chicken thighs, broccoli, and sweet potato for supper.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles are gluten free - Asian food store. Less than 20 cal per serving and very filling

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Be on the lookout for cornstarch used in Asian cooking, as well as baby corn. There's usually cornstarch in powdered sugar, too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like Quinoa
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like things like crustless quiche, egg scrambles or eggs on roasted vegetables for breakfast. Usually lunch is some kind of soup, stew, or chili, and a lot of our dinners are meat plus veg (stir fry, vegetable noodles, stuffed peppers, stuffed eggplant, zucchini or eggplant rollatini, stuffed spaghetti squash, stuffed mushrooms).
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    BF has coeliacs and grain allergies, we eat a BAZILLION potatoes!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, sweet potatoes are good. I make sweet potato and butternut squash mixed together.