Options
LKArgh
LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
My usual exercise options are:
1) swimming
2) pilates
3) weight lifting
4) running

I just broke my toe, so 1 seems the only option that can continue as is for the next weeks. I could do weights for upper body, but nothing that needs me to be standing on my feet, so no squats or lunges. Pilates classes are probably out of the question as they involve lots of planks and push-ups and lots of balancing exercises, and obviously no running.
Any ideas about what I could do for lower body?

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Floor barre ballet is a lot like Pilates without any pushups. You usually find them on DVDs that include other ballet, but youtube is probably a good way of just finding the floor barre parts.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    It probably depends which toe it is and how badly it is broken, but when I broke one of my toes, I didn't run, but cycling was fine. I was also able to continue with pilates because I went to a small class where the teacher would give always give students alternative exercises if there was something they couldn't do.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    How would the rowing machine work?
    Also, could you do some weight work on the machines?
    Get that toe better soon.

Cheers, h.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Which toe did you break? I didn't skip any weight lifting when I broke my toe, but it was just my pinkie toe. It hurt but meh, who cares.

Unless it's your big toe I'd probably just tape it up and do the weight lifting at a minimum.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I broke my big toe & found it ok to do heavy squatting. I just taped & wrapped up the foot. I found that as long as I kept my weight back in the heels I was fine. Deadlifts & kettlebell swings were also ok for me. I only had pain when I was on my toe & rolled on it so lunges & running were out. I used the stationary bike & rower for cardio