What is your secret that keeps you going?

Options
Is it the knowledge that you can do it? Is it the fact that being tired doesn't matter? Is it your previous athletic experience? Is it the sexy people at the gym? What is fueling the burning desire within you? Please, do tell...

Replies

• EmilDimov
    EmilDimov Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, the secret can be quite different for everybody but for me it is the sense of accomplishment after finishing a workout and the energetic feeling that it gives for the duration of the day. Why wanting to feel sloppy and moody, when you can feel healthy, happy, confident and excited?
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Maintaining my weight, healthy cardiovascular system, stay strong, avoid osteoporosis, maintain fit & healthy lifestyle as I get older. Use it or lose it!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Here with the use it or lose it philosophy too.
    Especially as I am getting older and there are a lot of places I want to see and things I want to do.
    Vanity plays a part too. I would rather look fit and healthy, than fat, frumpy, and well over fifty.

Basically so I can live the life I love.

Cheers, h.
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options
    Reminding myself how good I feel for exercising: my mood instantly lifts, I feel positive and happy. I get quite cranky if I don't do enough and fall into a bit of a slump in general. I work in an office so i spend most of my day indoors in a temperature controlled environment with strip lighting, sitting on my backside - that's really not good for a person.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I have no secret, I have no inner or external motivation, its just what I do
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    To crush my enemies. See them driven before me. Hear the lamentations of their women.

The usual stuff...
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    To crush my enemies. See them driven before me. Hear the lamentations of their women.

The usual stuff...
    /thread
  • HealthyChar1223
    HealthyChar1223 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well my journey is in the beginning part but I decided to start lifting which is something completely new to me. I have always ran in the past. So my motivation right now is seeing how much more my muscles can do each workout, because at this point I don't see my results, but I can feel them ;).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    re-opens thread

'cos I like being fit; I like the effect I have on people when I walk down the street; I like my shoulders and I like crushing my 14 year old at push-up competitions

back to lamenting women now

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    ... all the lamentations of the keto threads here. That keeps me going.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I like me a lot better now, and I know what it takes to stay here. Not wasting another decade hoping I would magically get in better shape.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Maintaining my weight, healthy cardiovascular system, stay strong, avoid osteoporosis, maintain fit & healthy lifestyle as I get older. Use it or lose it!

These are all the key things for me as well, along with being able to eat a couple of extra hundred calories every day.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My ex husband used to tell me on a daily basis to "shift yer far ar S e". My new husband of six months cannot get enough of my curves. Therefore it is my wifely duty to ensure he's got quality as well as quantity..... ;)
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I take a lot selfie of myself. I wanna see the difference. They are also a great reminder of where I was and how far I came. I also love the feeling after the workout. It is really a high. It also has to be fun for me. If it is boring, yea it is torture but it hasn't for a long time.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I don't have a secret. I found an exercise that I love. LOVE. It's the passion for running and the want to be able to do it forever that keeps me going.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    I have no secret, I have no inner or external motivation, its just what I do

Same.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    The secret is that there is no secret.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

The usual stuff...

I take it back, I'm stealing this answer instead.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I like when my jeans fit perfect...yup, that's my secret motivation :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My personal weight-lifting PRs. I keep competing against myself to get better, and it feels awesome when I do!