100+ pounds to lose and need some support...

Options
Hey Ya'll. My name is Ashlee and I am a 25 year old female. Just looking for friends for motivation and support with similar goals or have taken the same journey that I am beginning. I have 100+ pounds to lose and I don't have much support at home. Anyone in this with me?

Replies

• AmandaMMeister
    AmandaMMeister Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my goal is to lose 120lbs and I started eating right and exercising in September of this year. So far I am down 29.8lbs! And it feels great! We got this!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm down 60 so far, 85 to my original goal but I might need to lose more after that, my original goal was still "overweight" for my height, although still lower than I've been since I was about 13.

Always willing to share what's been working and what hasn't worked for me.
  • Kurriana
    Kurriana Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Heya! I know the feeling, I'd love to lose a total of 100 lbs and my journey starts today! Ive never counted calories before so as nervous as I am, lets do this together!
  • kmla2007
    kmla2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally know the feeling. I also am working on losing 100+ and need some support and motivation!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can fo this! Just get started. It's not easy but it is doable. Log food, make a plan, then do it. Establish habits, don't sit around waiting for "motivation.." Get done form of exercise, at least walking and light weights. It helps preserve muscle and helps in a multitude of ways. Always remember how you feel now mentally & physically and use that as your motivation to keep going. You want to get out of this place and never come back. One. Day. At. A. Time.
    Sw 301
    CW 181
    GW 150
    18 months
  • ashleeeeanne
    ashleeeeanne Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just added you all! Thanks for all of the support :) one day at a time, we can do this!
  • Adas81
    Adas81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    support is the hardest part for me too... gym, eating smaller and healthier portions isn't a problem and never was... I've basically had to say no to friends and a normal social life. Going out with friends was the biggest obstacle for me cause it always turns into having few drinks, than late night unhealthy meals... parties, sporting events,
  • pliler
    pliler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm down 90 myself and looking to lose another 60 or so...once you start tracking your cals and seeing the results it becomes a lifestyle. Feel free to add me as well :)
  • nouh220200
    nouh220200 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have the same target so let's get fit together :)
  • ashleeeeanne
    Options
    Just added the rest of y'all :-) it is really hard without any support at home, so the more I have here the better
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's tough but you have made the right move joining this site. There are some awesome people here. I have great friends and have lost 110lbs so far. Good luck
  • ashleeeeanne
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! Thank you for the motivation!
  • gettingfitfeelingfree669
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 80-100lbs and would love some to have support and get to know others going through the same journey
  • xoxoamandaz
    xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    me and some other lovely people have a group that we use to stay motivated and help eachother out if u or anyone else is interested. I have 80-100lbs to loose as well. The motivation helps keep me in line.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109957-new-start-to-a-new-me
  • dejahtate517
    dejahtate517 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here I'm 24 mom of two boys ( 3 and 1) I need to lose 120 I'm in desperate need of some support/ buddies to trade tips with
  • bdfarrall
    bdfarrall Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to lose 100 pounds. I gained weight over 14 years after I had a stroke. Now, I have no issues except for my weight. I can use all the support I can get.
  • Beigebunnie
    Beigebunnie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to lose 100 pounds (140 to be exact) I'd be excited if you added me
  • adayseye3
    adayseye3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 80-100 pounds, I'm ready and determined! It would be awesome to have some more motivation
  • ashleeeeanne
    Options
    Hi y'all! Thanks for all the support and motivation. I just added the rest of you :)
  • brwneyedgrrl41
    brwneyedgrrl41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I started in July and am down 40 lbs so far. It's difficult sometimes with no support, but we can all do it :)