It's my one-year anniversary of maintaining my goal weight! (thank you, MFP!)

Options
2»

Replies

• Billy60s
    Billy60s Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, hope I can say the same
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
  • pbiflygirl
    pbiflygirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful! Congrats to you! I added u as a friend, am looking for some MFP friends that are dedicated........I've been logging on for over a year faithfully....many of my friends dropped off.......thanks!
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great read, thank you for sharing
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep listening to your body, it's clearly working for you.
  • basesteel
    basesteel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • Noot30
    Noot30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost so many times, usually around 2 year mark I start putting it back on. With MFP, I have had my weight off for three years this Feb but have gained about 10 pounds back, I am ok with that because I lost 40 lbs. Hope to get this off. Done better with MFP than WW or anything else. Maintenance is definitely a life style and I have surprised myself how I have learned to eat better and healthier.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I have gained and lost so many times, usually around 2 year mark I start putting it back on. With MFP, I have had my weight off for three years this Feb but have gained about 10 pounds back, I am ok with that because I lost 40 lbs. Hope to get this off. Done better with MFP than WW or anything else. Maintenance is definitely a life style and I have surprised myself how I have learned to eat better and healthier.

10 pounds isn't that much so you'll get those off in no time.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A year of maintaining is awesome.

I've maintained my goal weight for a number of years and it's great not to have to monitor every bite I take. I do continue to watch what I eat and log on a regular basis, albeit somewhat more casually. I lost weight on 1500 calories a day. I'm also usually very active. However, over the past three months I've been pretty sedentary due to recovering from a number of injuries and it was nice to weigh in at my doctor today to find I only gained a pound, which puts me at 3 lb below the low end of my range. Everyone has different bodies and metabolisms, and what works for one person may not work for someone else, but everyone has the potential to succeed. The other thing to remember is that chronological age is not an indicator of anything.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are not eligible to join the National Weight Loss Registry, which tries to find out how people keep weight off successfully. Google it. It was one of my goals to join and I still find it motiviating.