Find Members Website Problem

Options
Lwayne
Lwayne Posts: 18 Member
I am using the 'find members' webpage to search for people over 40 within my area code. It loads people initially but when I select 'next page' or 'page 2' - the search dumps my criteria (age and location) and shows people of all places and ages. Any advice?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I tried on my PC and it works fine. I was not aware that feature existed. Thank you for sharing
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Broken again? I have no tips. The search gets broken by an MFP update, someone reports it, it takes months for MFP to fix it, it works for a few days or weeks, it breaks again. Rinse, repeat. Hopeless.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Lwayne wrote: »
    I am using the 'find members' webpage to search for people over 40 within my area code. It loads people initially but when I select 'next page' or 'page 2' - the search dumps my criteria (age and location) and shows people of all places and ages. Any advice?

Well, that's super creepy. Is there any way to block yourself from being "found" through that search function?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Lwayne wrote: »

Well, that's super creepy. Is there any way to block yourself from being "found" through that search function?

If in doubt, just change the location in your profile to somewhere other than where you really live. Based on my attempts to use the user search, it's unlikely anyone would find you anyway. I had the same experience as the OP. I was hoping to find local members who might want to start a biking or running group, and the search goes wacky after the first page.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It is still broken. I was trying to find members to share how their meals days look like but had the same problem Lwayne had
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey I noticed the same thing. The first page seems legit, then the second page gets wacky and seems to load users at random.