Suggestions shows on Amazon Prime to stream

Options
Just discovered I can run the treadmill and watch shows for free on Amazon Prime. Looking for something highly addictive (think Bravo shows or historical fiction).

Any suggestions ?!

Replies

• CocoMSU
    CocoMSU Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oooh, Justified and Deadwood.
  • crittergirl222
    crittergirl222 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love Deadwood! Looking up Justified now...(thanks!)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Grimm, Boardwalk Empire, Mr. Selfridge, Vikings....lots of awesome stuff. They also have prime music if you need some tunes...
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    Grimm, Boardwalk Empire, Mr. Selfridge, Vikings....lots of awesome stuff. They also have prime music if you need some tunes...

I love all of those-haven't started on Mr. Selfridge yet (but it looks really good!). Thanks!
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    A neighbor and I were heading down to the gym and started talking about this. I am now addicted to The Royals. Don't judge me. :)
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Just discovered I can run the treadmill and watch shows for free on Amazon Prime. Looking for something highly addictive (think Bravo shows or historical fiction).

Any suggestions ?!

This puts me in mind of something I've often wished I had at home: a treadmill that actually works the TV. No run, no TV. Like the pedal-powered washing machine on "Gilligan's Island". It's really the only hope I have of real self-discipline.

Most of the shows I like are older. I found "American Horror Story", seasons 2, 3 and 4 highly addictive on Amazon streaming; I don't like the 1st or 5th seasons much. "Carnivale" and "Alcatraz" were also good.
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »

Any suggestions ?!

This puts me in mind of something I've often wished I had at home: a treadmill that actually works the TV. No run, no TV. Like the pedal-powered washing machine on "Gilligan's Island". It's really the only hope I have of real self-discipline.

Most of the shows I like are older. I found "American Horror Story", seasons 2, 3 and 4 highly addictive on Amazon streaming; I don't like the 1st or 5th seasons much. "Carnivale" and "Alcatraz" were also good.

Great idea! And you would save money on electricity! ;)
    I have American Horror Story on my list-they look so good ( I've only seen the one with Stevie Nicks on it, because, well-Stevie Nicks was on it!!).
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you like historical fiction, you may want to try The White Queen on Amazon or Downton Abbey! :)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    The Good Wife! Suits is also a great show!
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    LBL1986 wrote: »
    If you like historical fiction, you may want to try The White Queen on Amazon or Downton Abbey! :)

Love them both! And can't wait for the final season of DA (though I wish it wasn't ending!).
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Amazon has the rights to stream Catastrophe, a ridiculously funny british comedy about an american guy who has a one night stand with a british woman while on business in London, gets her pregnant, and moves to London to be with her. It's very dry humor.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Amazon Prime has excellent shows they have created.

Hand of God, Man in the High Castle, Red Oaks, Catastrophe.

They also have rights to older HBO shows
    Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos, Oz, The Wire, etc.

The amount of TV on their is crazy good.
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    Great suggestions, all. I am going to have to stat running twice a day to watch them all! ;)