new here

Options
Hi MFPs

I have just hit maintenance I was looking to lose another 1lb but figured I might as well start. So add me and any advice welcome. I'm currently skinny fat and do 90% cardio so looking at getting to grips with strength training and resistance training.

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Welcome to maintenance. For strength training I'd recommend looking into the Strong lifts 5X5 program. Also a book called New Rules of lifting for women. Both of these things should help you tone up your muscles.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I can't create my own thread, but I'm slowly working my way up to maitenence. I've cut back from 2lbs a week to 1lbs. My issue is I feel like I'm being counter productive. I binged last night because I was like, what's the point in just gonna gain it all back.

Any ideas to get out of this mindset?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    OP get started on strength/resistance training, you'll love how your shape changes for the better :smile:

@Joshuakcaron don't you love that you've lost weight and are feeling slimmer?? now how much do you want to stay that way?? For me I am never getting fat again so I keep on doing what I've done since I began MFP in 2012, I track my food and I move as much as possible - its become an ingrained habit. You have to want it badly enough I guess....try and keep motivated and log any binges so you are aware you are doing them and bit by bit you will form new and lasting habits.
  • VanessaLynn214
    VanessaLynn214 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :neutral: What's 'maintenance' mean?
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No different than what you did to get here except your goal is now not to gain or lose (stay within a range). If you think 'yeah, no more dieting' you'll probably fail to old bad habits and go back to where you were. If you know your new habits are your go forward habits then you don't need mfp. If you want an accountability tool you stick with mfp or whatever works for you...