1200 cals but feels like overeating during a intermittent fast

Options
2»

Replies

• nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    One of the disadvantages of IF is that some people cannot eat enough protein or other foods they need in one or two meals.
    You might not need a gallon of water. Drink fluids at times that are not near meal times.
    To add more calories and focus on protein rich foods, drink milk instead of water, eat chicken, beef, pork, eggs.

that seems to be the case then i'll reevaluate doing the IF cause I probably need to be doing more cals and not trying to squeeze them into that time frame i tried that with 1800cals it was all bad unless i use cashews and avacado. I'll drop down to .5 gallon for now i just lost a lot of water around my belly i got hooked on water
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3", and about 240 lbs. I lose two pounds a week on 1700. I am willing to bet that the food scale will really surprise you. It's very helpful! You should be able to get a good digital scale for about $10-$15.

You only need to drink less if it's interferring with your food intake. If you just like water, then it doesn't hurt. I would move away from IF, but if you like it, stick to it. Once you start using a scale, you'll probably see that portions are a little more reasonable.

But yeah. On the days I skip lunch and breakfast, the only way I can seem to eat enough calories is to drink a few stouts, or eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Not the most nutritious way, but I don't complain. ;)
  • nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3", and about 240 lbs. I lose two pounds a week on 1700. I am willing to bet that the food scale will really surprise you. It's very helpful! You should be able to get a good digital scale for about $10-$15.

You only need to drink less if it's interferring with your food intake. If you just like water, then it doesn't hurt. I would move away from IF, but if you like it, stick to it. Once you start using a scale, you'll probably see that portions are a little more reasonable.

But yeah. On the days I skip lunch and breakfast, the only way I can seem to eat enough calories is to drink a few stouts, or eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Not the most nutritious way, but I don't complain. ;)

Makes sense i didn't realize i was drinking half gallon of water plus 2 8oz blended veggie green shakes then 3-4 shakes so that's like 5-6oz of extra water today i feel much better i reached my protein intake and dont feel like Im going to burst.