I'm back!! Any other cancer survivors out there?

Options
Hi there! I see that I joined MFP for a brief time in 2010. I am back now and committed to losing weight and getting fit. I finished chemo a year ago and I am struggling with fitness since then due to chemo fallout. Any other people with experience with this? Would love to connect with others.

Replies

• BrianMarzen
    BrianMarzen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats your return and decision to rejoin the community! I'm currently on my third round of chemo, so my situation is a bit different - trying to maintain and gain weight! I've always been active and have been weight training for the past 2 years now. Have had to adjust my regiment since my prognosis in September this year, but maintaining a business as usual approach.

What has worked for me starting out is simply setting a time each day and commiting to it. For me that meant investing in home gym and slick adding to it as money permitted. This is not for everyone - from the majority of people I speak with, they choose a commercial gym for various reasons. For me and a my home equipment, I like the fact that it cannot be more accessible than what it is.

I wish you the best of luck!