Gained Back 30 pounds need motivation to lose it all again!

Options
Recently my diet and exercise has been going down hill. I am stressed with my finals and finding jobs after college the whole entire thought just took a toll on me. However, I recently got a wake up call. I broke out in rashes during the holiday break and dark yellow urine. My stool was clay colored and I vomit. The vomit only lasted for no more than a minute. I haven't been feeling nauseous since then. The only thing that concerned me was the rash and dark yellow urine. I went to the ER and that's when I was told through blood work that my liver enzymes is elevated through the roof!! Alt 215 and and the other(can't think of that enzyme) was 113. They did an xray and found fatty tissue around the kidneys and liver. They told me that may be the culprit but need to go to my primary care doctor to rule out other things. Its not hepatitis because I got vaccinated for back when I was 12. I am completely scared. I am 23 and never experienced a severe health problem. I once was 245 now I am 279 all put on by stress and over eating. The good thing is all my small clothes still fit however I need motivation to get back fit and to handle stress.

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having these problems. Let's work on helping you develop consistency. If you're on Facebook, I run a private support and accountability group on Facebook for people looking to improve their health and fitness. It's just a bunch of people supporting and encouraging each other to make progress towards their goals. It's an awesome community. If you're interested in it, I'd be glad to chat with you about it.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I had a similar wake up call, routine liver function tests came back abnormal and an ultrasound revealed a fatty liver. You likely have the same, try not to panic. You're unlikely to have anything too unfortunate at your age.

But this should be your wake up call. Your insides are suffering because they're surrounded by fatty tissue. To reduce it, you reduce overall body fat. You totally can do it, and watch that liver recover and heal :)
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Oh and I worked for a GI doctor when I got this diagnosis and her medical journal had a published study showing that HIIT exercise reduced internal body fat (the stuff around your organs) better than lower intensity. All exercise is helpful but the % of fat lost from the liver was higher with HIIT. Which of course you wouldnt jumo right into, just something to look into!