Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    CHEESE
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    OP, I also think it's very common for people to temporarily experience a reduction in hunger when they first start eating at a deficit just from the boost you get from trying something new. You're all excited and motivated, and you're probably eating more protein and fiber than you were previously (which are both very satiating). My first thought any time someone posts something similar within the first week or two of starting here is that they're in the new diet glow (for lack of a better phrase).

It'll pass, and you will start to feel hungry again. Probably very hungry, and a couple of weeks of undereating because you weren't hungry aren't going to help. Figure out a way to stick to your 1300 calories now (adding nuts/good fats. etc.), so you're not taken aback when your hunger signals kick in again.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    OP - Beyond weighing, I'm guessing you aren't choosing proper database entries when logging your food and, when combined with not weighing, you are actually eating more than you think. When you search for something like broccoli, try "broccoli raw" to find the USDA entry. Don't buy into the "verified" foods as they are notoriously inaccurate/inconsistent. I saw a lot of room for improvement with your database choices and, obviously, the weighing/logging thing.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Nuts. Seeds. Peanut butter. Other nut butters. Nutritious calorie bombs. No need to even sit down to eat them on those days there is no time for lunch.
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Nuts. Seeds. Peanut butter. Other nut butters. Nutritious calorie bombs. No need to even sit down to eat them on those days there is no time for lunch.

I thought you quit posting.

And here I thought (for a split second) I had posted something "quote worthy". OMGosh. I have tears running down my face from laughing. That was one weird thread. I think it was closed by the moderators. :pB)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    kelisueray wrote: »
    Yes I understand I am eating very low fat and a lot of veggies and high protein, but come on why would I eat fattening foods if I am making a lifestyle change?

They aren't "fattening" they are high in good fats which can help you meet your calorie goals. Avacados and Nuts are two great options and you don't have to eat much of them to get to where you need to be.

This^

Dietary fat does not make you fat. Too many calories overall, makes you fat.
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Btw, OP, since you have an open diary:
    Also weight everything the site allows you to add as a 'slice' because the weight here can also vary (as with everything else) :)