That's an amazing loss. You look great.
  • ishasharma0704
    ishasharma0704 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look great! OMAD works!
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You look great!! The mid section especially!! Can I just ask you fast 21 hours and eat your calories in 3 hours?
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WOW! great job. I LOVE IF - it's worked so well for me too
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    You look great!! The mid section especially!! Can I just ask you fast 21 hours and eat your calories in 3 hours?

Yes, Saturdays are optional. My eating window is 5:30 to 8:30 in the evening or so. I take protein and vitamin supps and drink a fruit-yoghurt smoothie every day. I try to eat out of all food groups each day. Some junk is allowed. I only drink water when I fast. I do cardio 3 to 4 times a week for an hour. I eat 1800 to 2400 cals a day usually. I'm 6'1".
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for that. Your answer was very helpful. Congratulations again.
  • blambo61
    Options
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    Thankyou so much for that. Your answer was very helpful. Congratulations again.

If interested in this type of IF diet, see the OMAD (one meal a day) forum. There is some really good info there. People on that forum go to as far as a 23:1 diet and have had great success. Read arguablysampson's story.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nice job! What hours do you keep?
  • blambo61
    Options
    akern1987 wrote: »
    Nice job! What hours do you keep?

Please see above
  • blambo61
    Options
    WEEK 13 FASTING DIET

Start Weight/Height/Age/Start Date:
    250 / 6'1" / 54 / 06 Sept 2015

Weekly Weight Loss:
    7, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, (2), 4

Total Weight Loss:
    31-lbs / 13-wks

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:
    199, 20 to go

Diet Method:
    Fast breakfast and lunch. Eat from around 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.. Take protien supplements and vitamins. Usually eat a fruit-yoghurt smoothie every day. Eat all food types and some junk allowed. Eat tell full (usually 1800 to 2400 cals is all I can eat since stomach shrinks). May cheat on Saturdays if very active or want a break. May eat a lunch with co-workers once a week or so.

This is by far the easiest diet I have tried. Once I eat, my stomach wants to be fed. Eating small meals or trying to skip a meal after I've started eating for the day is torture! Not eating at all, I don't get that hungry since the fasting acts like an appetite suppressant. I also get to eat tell full each day! I'm saving lots of money on lunches and don't have the afternoon crash or "need" to eat junk to keep me going in the afternoon (saving money there also).

See OMAD (one meal a day) forum for OMAD type diets. Good info there!

Exercise:
    3-4xweek either bike or walk for minimum of 60 min. I feel better than I have for a long time. I am recovering well. I have had no problem doing this amount of exercise while fasting.

General Comments:
    I think benefits of the fasting (blood sugar regulation), not eating junk in afternoons, being diligent with vitamins/protein supplements, and drinking a lot of water during the day has made me feel a lot better. I actually feel like working out after work instead of feeling exhausted after work. I have energy into the evenings also which I didn't have much of before on my old routine (junk in the afternoons to get me to the end of the day).

Week's Comments:
    Well I gained about 3 lbs thanksgiving week and lost 4 from the high this week. Gained some food weight from eating out last night and today I cheated since I allow that on Saturdays and felt I needed it today. I'm going to post the weeks lowest weight since I'm usually lighter midweek than end of week. It will show less ups and downs. I will still do weigh ins at end of week though or when I remember to fo it. I started lifting weights and I think it has slowed the weight loss a little. That should go away in a couple of weeks. I'm not lifting heavy so should be minimal muscle gain.

I think I will post about once a month here if that is o.k..
  • missravae
    missravae Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of this type of dieting! It obviously works but its not something I see myself doing. Good luck, you look wonderful.
  • blambo61
    Options
    missravae wrote: »
    Ive never heard of this type of dieting! It obviously works but its not something I see myself doing. Good luck, you look wonderful.

Thanks for the kind comments. There are a lot of versions to fasting diets (see the IF forum, the omad forum, and the 5:2 forum). It actually is much easier for me than a lot of small meals. I eat tell full each day. I also think it trains your body to burn fat also.
  • spaide333
    spaide333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Such fantastic progress! I've been doing IF for a month now (only down 5lbs but I'm lax on cardio and more into body weight exercises). But it's wonderful! It's much easier to stay under a calorie deficit this way, and I have time during my lunch break for other things. I hope you do keep updating, I like to read how others are doing fasting and seeing other's progress is motivating. Keep it up!

Also: good tip about protein supps.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results, well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!