New Here!

Options
Hi guys! I'm new to MFP!

I am 5'1" and about 156 lbs. About 2 years ago I lost about 40 lbs, (I was around 180 and went down to 140) I put some of that weight back on and then in November of 2011 I got really sick with an infection and had to be hospitalized for almost 3 weeks I lost about 20 lbs in a weeks time. I was down to 136 lbs. I maintained that from November to October of 2012 then I had a really stressful situation arise and I gained back about 20 lbs.

I have been trying (slacking, but trying) since February of this year to lose the weight but it doesn't seem to want to come off. I'm really worried that I hurt my metabolism when I dropped 20lbs so quickly in 2011.

My goal weight is 110 (hopefully) by Christmas of 2013. I don't know if that realistic or not but I'm hopeful!

I have some medical issues that have kept my from doing things I want for so long, and now it's time that I take control back over my life. I want to lose this weight so bad.

I joined Tumblr in January but Tumblr is mostly a popularity contest and I could never really get motivation from it. Hopefully this time is different! Now that I have rambled on let me just say that I'm happy I found MFP and I hope it will help me stick to my goals!

God Bless,
Em.

Replies

• mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I too am new to MFP .. Actually I did download the app last year... Must have been taxing because that was it... I think I logged in food for 3 days and that was it...

But about 3 or 4 weeks ago somehow I got motivated and am happy to say I logged in a 9 lb loss... I recently moved and decided to make this change a good one...

I realize though that having friends around me who have the same goals ... Who learn how to get past the "bad" days... Is a very good thing!

So this 60 something lady will be checking in regularly to share successes and ask for help when needed ...

We're all heading in the right direction!
  • teresabice
    teresabice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I restarted with this app recently. Originally, I didn't stick with it very well. I should have watched the tutorial on how to scan in an item otherwise I probably would have stuck it out. I am happy to say that I am finding great motivation from this site. My boyfriend and I started losing weight on Weight watchers about 18 months ago. In the first 6 months we lost a lot of weight...we each lost over 50 pounds. Then May of last year we kind of started just maintaining. I lost an additional 13 pounds in the following year, but really wasn't feeling I was doing everything I could. I love that I can enter in my cardio and add to my net calories. It truly gives me motivation after we go out to eat some nights to go walk with him. I too love that I can easily go to a screen and see that I need more potassium and less sodium in my diet. :heart: