Are There Male Catfish?

Options

Replies

• striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should finally confess. I’m not really 61 and less than 10 pounds from my goal weight. Oh and I’m not really married like my profile says I am. Let’s see, what else am I lying about?
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    remember @mmand83 ? or @christianlee100 ?

vaguely remember the second one...he wasn't real?

I know his name in RL... he's so *kitten* scary.

I think I know it too. Yeah...he may have been only part catfish. He'll be back one day....he always comes back.

Yeah, he always comes back, he is physically real and obviously works out. There's that I guess.

I'm not convinced he doesn't have a torture chamber and murdered women in his basement though...
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Wow there's a lot of catfish threads...
    I had one incident with a Catfish on here, did some digging and it was pretty easy to find out the picture he used wasn't even him. :| Called him out on it and *poof* he was gone hours later.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    ald783 wrote: »
    So the catfish question makes me curious... are people actually meeting up off of this site? Like is someone driving several states over to meet someone they've only erotic-MFP messaged with? I'd kill to hear a really solid MFP catfish story.

I know of a guy (no longer on mfp) who flew to two states to meet two different women- that's about all I know though- so yea, it happens!

LOL! And both women were disappointed!!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Do you think someone who always has the same pic, comes around just a few days a week, changes his name ever so slightly and deactivates every evening would be a possible catfish?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    If i had the energy i'd find a popcorn gif but purposely causing drama is mean.

Girl, I brought brownies.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    - is a catfish - purposely causes drama and problems.

What are the chances he will respond to this ... I hope they are good
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    To be fair. Calling a catfish out seldom works. They usually ignore it. You have to go fishing.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Someone tag me of this gets good
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    So the catfish question makes me curious... are people actually meeting up off of this site? Like is someone driving several states over to meet someone they've only erotic-MFP messaged with? I'd kill to hear a really solid MFP catfish story.

I've met a couple of people from MFP. Not to hook up. I'm married. But, they shared some common interests. Mainly Motorcycles. I've actually set up a meet in another state when I was passing through on a ride.

As for sharing erotic messages with someone you've never met? Must be getting something out of it or it wouldn't be so common.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm only here for da ePoon.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I'm only hear for da ePoon.

Me too :o
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Catfish or just an *kitten*? That is the real question
  • Died95
    Died95 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's already a challenge being myself and living my own life. So why would I complicate my life by creating another "ME" and trying to keep up with all those lies. I didn't do that when I was younger and I most definitely won't do it now. I was a hoe because being a player or a dog required toooooo much work and toooo many lies...
  • LuminaStele
    LuminaStele Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @dylanafit2016 - is a catfish - purposely causes drama and problems.

I feel like I should send him a FR just to find out what all this drama is about.

Interesting take on him. I wouldn't say he's a "catfish" tho. As far as i know hes who he says he is.
  • LuminaStele
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Heres the deal. Catfish men are actually, how do I put this.. pus*ies. I suppose women who do the same should also be hanged. BUT if you start an online relationship... get actual proof. If you dont.. it's your own fault for being catfished. And it SUCKES! Some men don't have the balls to be a man. Most catfish have totally different pics and identities to get the opposite sex to do whatever. Most for sex and attention, or just plain boredom, or to manipulate someone. But if youre online remember; its online, not quite real, but real damage can be done. ALSO remember: the person on the other side is in fact a person, you just may not know who. Tread lightly. Words do damage, so does emotional manipulation. Hence the hanging. Tbh, the online sex thing bores me. But obviously not everyone sees it that way. Have fun but be careful.
  • LuminaStele
    Options
    Died95 wrote: »
    It's already a challenge being myself and living my own life. So why would I complicate my life by creating another "ME" and trying to keep up with all those lies. I didn't do that when I was younger and I most definitely won't do it now. I was a hoe because being a player or a dog required toooooo much work and toooo many lies...

Well said! If you have to lie to get what you want.. hahahahahaha You're a joke.